Posted: 22 October 2010 07:04 PM
I am looking for a new snowboard and not sure of the best for me. I am 5ft6, 133 pounds (61kgs) and and intermediate level. Boot size is uk 9. I currently have a 145cm board. I am going to be working a season this year so will be doing a lot of piste runs and hope to improve in the park. The Board I am looking at buying is the Rossignol Angus 153cm.
Posted: 22 October 2010 09:04 PM
Hey there kingr, welcome to our forums.
Technically, the Angus seems to be a really good choice but checking out its specs you will see that its min. length is 153 which would be quite long for your 165cm body height.
And.. excuse the question- are you male or female? I can’t really figure by the stats/infos given.
With your boot size 9 you won’t need any midwide or wide decks but you should probably look out for a deck which is available in 145-150.
Hope this helped a little, Cheers Tobi
Posted: 22 October 2010 09:17 PM
I am a male. I know that the board is getting to the top end of length for my hight but is weight not the most important factor? According to the specs on Rossignols website I am in the middle of all the boundaries. If not the Angus then any other board suggestions?
Posted: 22 October 2010 09:42 PM
I think a 53 angus would be fine, a great board for a season.
Also worth having a look at the 153 Signal Omni, the Nitro Team Gullwing 152 and the K2 Turbo Dream 153. The Angus is a solid all mountain freestyle board, the Omni is a little bit softer and more progressive for intermediate freestylers. The Turbo Dream feels really broken in and like you’ve ridden it all your life, one of the easiest boards to ride everywhere, on the market. Nitro Team Gullwing a little different, camber at the tips instead of between the bindings feels different, little bit more pop, works a bit better in tight carves instead of long radius rail-ers.
Posted: 23 October 2010 04:04 PM
Ohhh, I think the weapon is just too park focused! Perfect for jibs but for anything else it’s just far too soft. The Darkstar is a good freestyle stick, but for versatility I think the Angus could be the best match, that extra bit of float in pow and impressive edge hold on icy pistes. From the people I’ve spoke to about the Darkstar, a number of peeps prefered it with the camber, but that might be because that’s what they are used to riding.
What board have you been riding upto now? Is it just dead or were there any aspects of it you weren’t keen on?
Rich
Posted: 23 October 2010 09:20 PM
A 153 deck for a 165 guy. That’s like me riding a 170 board.. I’m pretty sure I wouldn’t like such a long ride for improving in the park and on rails- don’t you think?
Posted: 28 October 2010 03:55 PM
well i am 169cm tall. guess the k2 boards are not going to be right. Another couple of different options are the YES dudes or the bataleon evil twin classic. I do like the look of the nidecker (NDK) antti autti but it maybe a bit soft.