Bindings Help!

Danco1985

Snowboard Virgin
Rank
Total Posts: 8 Joined 2010-10-12

Posted: 15 October 2010 04:20 PM

Thanks agian everyone for your help in narrowing down a board for me.  I have decided to go with the 2011 Rossi One Magtek 161MW.  My local shop gave me a price of $409.99, which after searching online seems pretty good.

Now I need bindings.  The guy in the shop is trying to sell me the 2011 Ride Lx bindings for $109.99.  I am having trouble finding reviews online.  Is this a good choice of bindings?  Just as a reminder, I am 5’10”, 190 lbs, wear a 12.5 boot, and plan on riding mostly groomed (hard packed and ice) with a little pipe and jumps thrown in.
Thanks agian for all your help.  I would have been lost with out these forums!
-Dan

Rich Ewbank

Administrator
Rich Ewbank Avatar
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts: 1567 Joined 2009-03-04

Posted: 15 October 2010 04:39 PM

I think they are Ride’s enty level bindings, more for freestyle than freeriding.

I’d spend a little bit more on bindings. A binding like the Salomon Code, Drake Supersport, Nitro Blackhawk or Forum faction would be a better choice. the whole binding is more adjustable from the foot beds and gas pedals to the straps and forward lean. In addition to that, the straps will be a more supportive, which is what you want fr charging pistes and riding pipe. A flimsy binding won’t fill you confidence. I’m sure you’ve seen the buyers guide I posted on the homepage for bindings… if you haven’t it’s worth a brief glance.

Danco1985

Snowboard Virgin
Rank
Total Posts: 8 Joined 2010-10-12

Posted: 16 October 2010 02:04 PM

Thanks for the advice. After doing some more research and reading the article on this site, I narrowed down my options to the Rome 390 Boss, Burton missions, and soloman code. Hopfully my local shop carries all three so I can compare in person.

Danco1985

Snowboard Virgin
Rank
Total Posts: 8 Joined 2010-10-12

Posted: 17 October 2010 11:05 PM

Ok so I decided to go with last years Ride RX Bindings. Can’t wait to try them out on my new Rossi One Magtek. Hope it snows soon!

Thanks agian everyone. This is a great site.

Search the Forum: