Advice for a new package

stan57

Snowboard Virgin
Rank
Total Posts: 5 Joined 2010-10-11

Posted: 11 October 2010 09:58 AM

Hi guys,
First of all I hold has to greet the quality of your site where I adore to spend time, and to excuse me my English because I am French.
I change my complete set this year and I thus need your councils, I measure 186 cm and weigh 85 kg and fit of the 12 us size. My board current is a bataleon evil twin of 2008 in 159cm with fix cartel + boots burton hail, I have a good level of wrinkle in mountain and seeks has to improve me in freestyle.
Therefore I seek a board which does not fear the tracks frozen of Val-Thorens but not too rigid to be able to spend time in the park, my level in park is initial because I take that the small modules and small kicker and do not limp them too difficult.
Considering my size and my weight, I too much is not choice but here my selection: k2 fastplant 159w, Ride machete 161w and more particularly the Rossignol jdub 161 cm, have of other choices?
I intended to say that the boots burton this year made lose a size what would be sympathetic to be able to ride the Rossi jdub which has a width of 256mm. Is that true?
Which is your feelings in connection with my choice and thank you in advance for the answer
a++

zoryfl

Moderator
zoryfl Avatar
RankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts: 546 Joined 2009-08-22

Posted: 11 October 2010 06:05 PM

Hey stan!
Thanks a lot for the props, always appreciated!

The Fastplant seems like a pretty good choice to me, really playful and so much fun all over the mountain and the park.
It will probably not be perfect for icy pistes as its Zero camber is, as the name already says, missing camber. Still, as it does not have rockered preload it won’t be too bad on slippery pistes.

The Machete has won several awards last season, so you surely won’t go far wrong with this pick as well!

Sorry to say that the Rossi JDub does absolutely not fit your bill. It’s a really stiff beast which wants to be ridden aggressive and fast, so with this as your ride, you won’t have much fun in the park.

I intended to say that the boots burton this year made lose a size what would be sympathetic to be able to ride the Rossi jdub which has a width of 256mm. Is that true?

I’m sorry, I do not really get what you are trying to say here. Bare with me, I’m not a native speaker as well =)

Hope this helped a little, cheers Tobi

Tom Ewbank

Administrator
Tom Ewbank Avatar
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts: 115 Joined 2009-03-04

Posted: 11 October 2010 06:11 PM

Hey Tobi and Stan,

Just to let you know that the Jdub was given Amptek this season and has morphed into quite an accomplished park board. Sure it’s not an out-and-out jib board but it is a park-focussed deck that suits riders who are looking to hit the bigger obstacles in the park and want versatility and grip all over the mountain. If you watch the video review you’ll see that Mikee had no problem jibbing it and he’s only little. The two models that proceeded it were untameable beasts though.

Tom

zoryfl

Moderator
zoryfl Avatar
RankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts: 546 Joined 2009-08-22

Posted: 11 October 2010 06:14 PM

Woops, sorry for that.
I should have checked out the 2011 specs first.. my bad!

Tom Ewbank

Administrator
Tom Ewbank Avatar
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts: 115 Joined 2009-03-04

Posted: 11 October 2010 06:15 PM

No worries mate I’m constantly doing it!

stan57

Snowboard Virgin
Rank
Total Posts: 5 Joined 2010-10-11

Posted: 11 October 2010 07:06 PM

Thanks guys for your help!!!
Now i don’t know which one to choose, so hard.But i definetly prefer the jdub graphics…
What are the main difference between the fastplant and the jdub and which size should i take for my weight.
I’ve read on good ride site that the fastplant was rough for carving, is that true? I want keep the same grip than my old evil twin or better.

Thx for your help and sorry i sometimes using a translation tool

Stan

Tom Ewbank

Administrator
Tom Ewbank Avatar
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts: 115 Joined 2009-03-04

Posted: 11 October 2010 07:32 PM

No it isn’t rough at carving…..if anything it’s lively and poppy out of turns because of the Bambooya core. Rich didn’t have any problems carving it. Not trying to slag-off other review sites but I’ve seen little evidence that the guys at ‘TGR’ have actually ridden any of the boards they’ve tested. Sure it won’t hold an edge as well as a the Jdub because that’s got magnetraction and an Amptek profile but it’ll be more fun on rails and jibbing about and it’ll hold an edge better than an Evil Twin. Unfortunately the Jdub isn’t wide-enough for your feet so in all honesty I think you should look at the Rossi Angus; I know the graphics are controversial but this board is a an absolute banger and it’s perfect for what you want a snowboard for.

You should look at the 159 wide in the Fastplant and 158W in the Angus.

Hope this helps,

Tom

stan57

Snowboard Virgin
Rank
Total Posts: 5 Joined 2010-10-11

Posted: 11 October 2010 08:33 PM

Thx Tom, sure it helps, i don’t have the possibility to test these boards thats why i’m so curious ans that cost so much…
But now i’m asking if i buy the new burton boots which make loose one size, i’ll get an 11 us size,i thinki’ll be enough for the jdub 161 cm with a waste width of 256 mm.

Search the Forum: