Posted: 15 August 2010 04:43 AM
Hi gents!
OK, I’m gonna be honest… the last few months have sucked for yours truly. After getting fired and living on employment insurance this has been a summer to forget.
Good news is things are starting to turn around but I have learned to be very frugal living on next to nothing to survive.
What I want to do is start a Good Karma / Pass it forward thread for snowboard gear. Basically what I’d like to see is you post anything snowboarding related of value and present it to the community here, if you would like to receive an item then you need to donate something of similar value.
Example, I have an Electric bandanna and Burton Driver boots I am offering to the community… I would classify the bandanna as a small object and the boots as a large object. If you want my bandanna you need to post another small item for the community and I will ship you my bandanna!
Pretty simple, so I’ll get things started!
I have 2 things:
1. Electric Bandanna - never used. Thin material, black and white pattern.
http://picasaweb.google.ca/lh/photo/oGV3V4LPsXTkbuzaFq1a29ddG00lE6dkNILG6aWIZIw?feat=directlink
2. Burton Driver boots - size 10.5 US. These boots are tanks, shipping would be standard post. Pretty stiff but the tongue can be removed. In amazing condition considering they are 7 years old or so!
http://picasaweb.google.ca/lh/photo/tapYXvWdJJQSKTUNFRNtqdddG00lE6dkNILG6aWIZIw?feat=directlink
http://picasaweb.google.ca/lh/photo/0YfzTupGoQ-WYubeIuzZ7NddG00lE6dkNILG6aWIZIw?feat=directlink
http://picasaweb.google.ca/lh/photo/ig5TbqFpAGHKBHLJJzkTHNddG00lE6dkNILG6aWIZIw?feat=directlink
http://picasaweb.google.ca/lh/photo/PYipoJzggCTMYY6tRcmsx9ddG00lE6dkNILG6aWIZIw?feat=directlink
http://picasaweb.google.ca/lh/photo/WA-sverw97lLmvcUShgyNdddG00lE6dkNILG6aWIZIw?feat=directlink
To get my boots you need to at least offer boots, bindings or a snowboard! Do not post your personal information in this thread, that can be discussed via PM… only what you have to give in order to receive.
Also reminder I don’t want anything so it’s posting it up here for others!
Let’s see where good karma can take us!
Posted: 15 August 2010 12:40 PM
So it’s kind of like a swap shop?
So say I wanted to get hold of your boots I’d need to post a large item and then you’d have credit for a large item until something came along that you wanted in return. Am I getting it right?
I’m going to have to dig out some stuff.
Probably best to keep stuff local so if you note where you are that way it won’t cost a personal fortune to ship the stuff. Although I’m sure posting a bandana won’t break the bank.
Sorry to hear about the job, that sucks.
Posted: 15 August 2010 08:34 PM
Hi Rich,
No! I expect nothing in return man, that’s the beauty of this and really adds to the Good Karma!
Whatever you have that is a large item just post it here if you want say the boots. That way you get to move stuff around faster and everyone has a shot at getting something they want.
I agree, if you have say a snowboard local would be the way to go… I don’t mind sending someone the boots overseas if they really want them.
Posted: 16 August 2010 08:49 AM
How about someone offers his brand new goggles and I offer .. like.. I don’t know.. OH I do have a pair of old ski-socks left!
Haha sorry, don’t get me wrong, I think it’s a good idea, whether Karma or not. I just do not have ANYTHING but new stuff I bought last season, so yeah.. I’m out on this one, I guess.