First time purchase groomer

Mathew

Snowboard Virgin
Rank
Total Posts: 1 Joined 2013-06-29

Posted: 29 June 2013 08:28 AM

Have converted from skiing to snowboarding 3 years ago, I will mostly be cruising blues/reds.I am after a board that is easy to initiate a turn that will last me until I give up boarding -i.e. don’t want a board that will hold me back as my carving technique develops - I won’t be using it in a park or street - just cruising around on groomed slopes and hopefully some powder. I consider myself a very good beginner (smooth linked turns)/improving intermediate with 3 weeks of boarding over 4 years. Please would you advise on which type of board is best for me and maybe nominate some boards that would be suitable.  my only experience is rental boards which are have all been a bit knackered with worn out binding, last trip out in tignes the binding broke while boarding!! My boots are Salomon dialogue. Would really appreciate an opinion from an expert. i.e. list of suitable boards and bindings thanks in advance.

What do you think of suitability of

Jones 2013 mountain twin (the green one)
Rome agent rocker
Yes basic - thought I might out grow this too quick?

83kg
6ft 2”
Thanks for your expert views-it’s appreciated.

Mat

Rich Ewbank

Administrator
Rich Ewbank Avatar
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts: 1567 Joined 2009-03-04

Posted: 05 July 2013 10:43 AM

Yeah all of these boards are pretty good options. All-mountain twin shaped boards with hybrid cambers, you can’t really go wrong. If you just want to cruise groomers and score some powder you might consider buying a slightly more directional board like the Amplid Paradigma, the Burton Custom, Never Summer Sl and K2 Turbo Dream. Your choices are pretty spot-on for you ability and ambitions. One thing to note is that hybrid cambers with camber in the tips and rocker between the feet are a bit more fun laying down turns on groomers as they tend to pop out of turns more like conventional cambered boards.

Search the Forum: