K2 Slayblade alternative - hardpack and icy condition

Moron

Snowboard Virgin
Rank
Total Posts: 10 Joined 2010-01-01

Posted: 12 March 2013 08:09 PM

Hello,

I am looking for a replacement board recommendation.
Last year I bought a 2011/2012 Slayblade in 158 without test riding it - impulse buy.
The board handles well in powder days at Pacific North West.  It is very stable at high speed and confidence inspiring through straight line - no chatter at all.  Prior to the Slayblade, I have only been on stiff camber boards. 

The downside to the Slayblade is that you constantly have to work it, and that gets tiring after a long day.  What I am after is something a little more forgiving / relaxing but not the noodlely feeling in hard pack and icy condition.  70% of my riding consists of hard pack and icy North East resort runs.  I like to carve aggressively - tried to lay down a razor thin line, ride switch, hit roller jumps and buttering around.  I suck at big air and have no interest in park or half pipe.

What’s a good alternative board?  I weigh 165 lbs.  Boot size: 9 US.

Thanks in advance!

zoryfl

zoryfl Avatar
RankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts: 546 Joined 2009-08-22

Posted: 02 April 2013 12:10 PM

Check out the Amplid Paradigma or maybe the K2 Lifelike if you want to stick with K2. Also the Rossi One MagTek might be worth a look if you like magnetraction for extra grip on icy hardpack.

Let me know if you feel like these suggestions are going in the right direction and come back if you have any more questions.

Cheers Tobi

Search the Forum: