Posted: 03 January 2013 05:10 AM
Hey Guys,
I’m pretty much sold on getting a Rossignol Krypto for my freeride/powder board, but as I need a wide I’m worried the 164mw might be a bit long for me.
I’m 5"11’ish, and weigh 90kgs. I’ve been riding a 159 hatchet for the last few years, and havn’t really felt like I need much more length.
How would the Krypto be for turning quickly in the trees and chutes? Or doing small spins off natural hits?
I’m sure the extra length would give me plenty of confidence on the steep stuff, especially when the snows a bit hard, but having already got a little bit too personal with a tree this season, I wouldn’t be confident in the trees if the board was hard work to turn.
So what do you guys think? Other than the length the board seems spot on, and it’s pretty cheep!
Cheers,
Richard
Posted: 04 January 2013 03:07 PM
If you’re planning to ride the Krypto in pow and in the backcountry I think the 164mW is a good length for you, you could even rider longer. On hard snow the camerline makes the board feel a little unresponsive , but as soon as you’ve got a dusting of 3-4 inches of pow on the ground then you’ll notice it feels much more responive as the sidecut engages much quicker in the turn. If you want a more all-mountain/powder freestyle board, there are better options. If you want a freeride board that is still capable of spinning a 3 or 5 of natural features then the Krypto comes highly recommended.