Rome Mod Rocker - Good choice for me?

shirosham

Snowboard Virgin
Rank
Total Posts: 1 Joined 2012-12-30

Posted: 30 December 2012 05:18 PM

Hello!

I’ve read/watched almost every review that’s popped up on Google’s search for this thing, just want to make sure I’m making the right choice before this jump…

Looking at a 153CM 2012 Rome Mod Rocker, was wondering if this would be a good choice for me. Currently riding a 2008~ish 155CM Rossignol District, and I feel like this is a little too long. 5’6, 165, 8.5-9 boot.

I’m an intermediate snowboards, can do blacks (Dislike them), I love doing groomed blues and duckng around in between the trees. Love bombing down runs, but have the most fun in the the trees. I’d like to get a little bit into park, can do the basics, but not much else, but def. looking into getting into that this season.

That being said, is the 153 2012 Mod Rocker a good pick? A few of the reviews have me wary saying it’s a pretty advanced board, but a good all-mountain board which is what I’m looking at. Currently one in my cart at $308 shipped.

My other choice was a Ride DH, but I’m worried that it’s going to be seriously too stiff, and the DH2.6 on the site is a 154W, and wearing a 8.5-9, I don’t think I should be getting a Wide.

Thanks!~

EggFriedRice

Snowboard Virgin
Rank
Total Posts: 8 Joined 2012-04-10

Posted: 04 January 2013 03:35 PM

I dont really have a suggestion but i do know the DH2 is a fast board, really good for short & long turns and good edge hold.  Its a true twin so if you go switch its great, if you dont then something directional would probably be better.  As you said it is a stiff board so if your not a strong rider it might not be for you.

I have one and have great times on it.

Search the Forum: