Templar vs Taipan

Cobalt

Snowboard Virgin
Rank
Total Posts: 1 Joined 2012-12-30

Posted: 30 December 2012 08:37 AM

Hello everyone, I’m totally new to this site but you guys seem to be friendly :)

Some background: I’ve been snowboarding maybe 5 or 6 times and I consider myself an intermediate rider. I generally just stick to the runs - I’ll occasionally venture into the park but not too often (though it would be nice to keep that option open). I currently own a 2009 Burton Clash that I’ve outgrown. I was searching for a nice, budget friendly board (I like snowboarding but I’m not a diehard enthusiast so I don’t need a super tricked out board.) I was directed towards the Rossignol Taipan. It looked perfect, and at $350 the price was right. However Dogfunk was wrong about it having Magnetraction, I see that if I want Magnetraction I’ll have to pay an extra $50 to get the Templar. The Taipan had very good reviews but I can’t find very much information on the Templar at all, is it a good board? Besides Magnetraction what are the main differences between the two boards? (I also see that the Templar has a stiffness rating of 6 vs the Taipans 5—what are the consequences of this?). Which board do you think is the right one for me?

Thanks for the help!

Rich Ewbank

Administrator
Rich Ewbank Avatar
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts: 1567 Joined 2009-03-04

Posted: 01 January 2013 01:52 PM

If you’re riding more all-mountain then I think it makes sense to opt for the Templar at the cost of an extra 50 bucks. The mellow-may on it is a nice addition and worth the extra expense, it makes a postive difference to edge hold on Hybrid cambers like Rossignol’s all-nountain amptek.

Hope that helps,

Rich

Search the Forum: