Posted: 20 December 2012 01:43 AM
I’ve decided that I would really like a new board for this season or next season. I have been snowboarding for about 4 years now and have had my current board for 3 years. I’m starting to try more tricks now, but my board seems to be a little too stiff.
I don’t want to spend a ton of money, but I want a Good board made by a Good brand. And honestly, I really want it to look cool too. (Duh! =])
I enjoy carving, but I want to learn tricks too. I read up on some stuff, and it seems like I would do best with a freestyle board?
I would love some help!
Thank you!
-Heidi
Posted: 28 December 2012 01:34 AM
Hi Heidi, check out GNU and Lib Tech. They both make excellent boards with great reputations. I’m not sure what model would be best for you, I can bet they have what you need. Good luck
Posted: 28 December 2012 03:03 AM
It looks like Lib tech doesn’t make a specific women’s board, but it doesn’t matter, Lib techs are winning awards for women riders too. Gnu has several nice women specific models. Good luck
Posted: 28 December 2012 06:13 PM
Thank you very much! I’ll check those out later today.
-Heidi
Posted: 30 December 2012 12:04 PM
Hi Heidi
How soft do you want the board to be?
If you’re wanting to try butters, ground tricks and small park features, you could go for something like the Burton Social. It’s super flexible and will let you learn the techniques without throwing you off or making it difficult. It’s also pretty forgiving if you get it wrong. It’s not the highest spec, so it’s not going to perform like an all-mountain board, but if you want to take time to learn new things it might be worth the investment. A couple of other boards in the category would probably be the Roxy Sugar Banana, Ride Rapture. K2 don’t make it any more, but if you don’t want to spend too much money you could try picking up a K2 Va Va Voom. It’s great for learning new tricks on and holds an edge really well for something so soft.
Posted: 30 December 2012 04:20 PM
I love the ride rapture! It’s one of the ones at the top of my list! It’s good to know that it would suit me well.
Thank you!
-Heidi