Salomon Grip vs K2 Turbo Dream

mirsat

Snowboard Virgin
Rank
Total Posts: 1 Joined 2012-12-18

Posted: 18 December 2012 10:42 AM

Hey,

I have a hard time deciding between the Salomon Grip and the K2 Turbo Dream. I am an advanced rider and have been snowboarding for around 16 years. My height is 178cm/5’10’’ and my weight is 68kg/150lbs. I would like to have a board which really excels in powder, but I can also take to rail or a kicker. For example after a fresh snowfall in spring, I go ride pow in the mornig and then head for the park in the afternoon if the snow gets too wet out-of-bounds and all lines are tracked.

So here are my questions:

1) Is the Turbo Dream much better in pow compared to the Grip?

2) Is the Turbo Dream much worse in the park?
  ->rails?
  ->kickers?

3) Which one has better pop?

4) Which one has better stability for fast charging?


At the moment, I have a dedicated park stick, so the pow performance is much more important than the park performance. But as mentioned above, I like a board that can handle both and I don’t like going home just for switching out boards. I am also open to other board suggestions, I really like rocker-flat-rocker boards for all-mountain versatility.

Thanks very much!!!

Search the Forum: