Amplid UNW8 or Paradigm?

swissie

Snowboard Virgin
Rank
Total Posts: 2 Joined 2012-12-11

Posted: 11 December 2012 09:46 AM

I pretty much settled on either the UNW8 or Paradigm as my new all mountain ride. I understand the UNW8 is the more extreme version of the Paradigm - I just wonder how much ridability suffers.

I am riding almost always on slopes/hard pack. For me, riding is carving carving carving! I’ve been standing on snowboards for almost 20 years and consider myself an experienced/good rider, but I’m not a pro. Get to stand on the board maybe 10 days a year (yeah family duties….).

So the question boils down to: how much more fun is the UNW8 for carving, and how much more unforgiving is it? Any advice is highly appreciated.

The second question is board size: I am 178cm but only 60kg. Tend to get a 156 - any thoughts on that?

Thanks boarders!

Rich Ewbank

Administrator
Rich Ewbank Avatar
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts: 1567 Joined 2009-03-04

Posted: 11 December 2012 01:25 PM

If carving is your thing, get an UNW8 or a Custom X for sure. The Paradigma is a great board too , but for carving trenches it’s all about the UNW8. The UNW8 shape means it works just fine in pow too, which is suprising for a board with such a pronounced camber.

Yeah if you weigh 60kg get the 156. Just check your feet are small enough, anything bigger than a size 10/11 US boot and you’ll be catching your toes.

Rich Ewbank

Administrator
Rich Ewbank Avatar
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts: 1567 Joined 2009-03-04

Posted: 11 December 2012 01:27 PM

Forgiving… yeah not so much, but if you’re an aggressive rider and your physically reasonably strong you shouldn’t have any issues.

swissie

Snowboard Virgin
Rank
Total Posts: 2 Joined 2012-12-11

Posted: 11 December 2012 02:48 PM

Thanks for your view on this Rich - it’s very helpful! Will pull the trigger on the UNW8 and look forward to leaving some nice deep marks on the slopes..

Search the Forum: