I think I bought the wrong gear

Poll
Ride Agenda: Should I get one?
Yup. It’s better than the price would have you believe. 1
Meh. It’s only average. You’ll hate it before you know it. 0
No, retard. It sucks Donkey Dong. 0
Total Votes: 1
You must be a logged-in member to vote

rebelscum

Snowboard Virgin
Rank
Total Posts: 1 Joined 2012-12-02

Posted: 02 December 2012 06:02 PM

Hey guys

Long-time skiier, I switched over to snowboarding last year. And I SUCKED at it.

But it’s not gonna keep me from coming back this year for more.

I think the reason I had so much trouble last year is I got some bad buying advice and bought a board that was out of my league. I’m 5’11”, 190 lbs, size 11-12 feet, and I have a 2011 Nitro Magnum (wide) 159.

The biggest trouble I had last year was linking turns. I think the board is too stiff, and I think the standard camber made it hard to learn on.

Ima buy a new board this year. I’m trying to avoid anything with a channel binding system because I already have some great 4-hole gear, but I’m definitely looking for a pure-twin with a rocker. I’m hoping to get off the groomers at least once this year…but not counting on it ;)

Right now my sights are set on the RIDE Agenda. From everything I read, this thing looks to be perfect for someone as beginner as me.

What do you guys think? SBRV gave it a good review, and even though it’s pretty intro-level, it’s so cheap that I won’t mind parting with a little more dosh next year to move up to something more advanced.

I think it’s the board for me. Anyone else in my position tried this board? What do you think?

Cheers

rs

zoryfl

Moderator
zoryfl Avatar
RankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts: 546 Joined 2009-08-22

Posted: 04 December 2012 03:54 PM

Looks to me, like you already made up your mind which is absolutely not a bad thing.
If you wanna learn on the Agenda and don’t mind switching again soon, there’s nothing holding you back from pulling the trigget on that!

Cheers Tobi

jefferyb_bearvalley

Snowboard Virgin
Rank
Total Posts: 6 Joined 2011-11-15

Posted: 06 December 2012 04:18 AM

The Ride Agenda is a great board for a learner. I think this board would suit you because, as you are still learning, you probably won’t be hitting the steeps, riding offpiste, or reaching high speeds yet ( I’m not sure where you stand within the beginner level). The Agenda has a very soft flex (rated 3-4) so it definitely isn’t too stiff. It also has LowRize rocker profile to give it some float and playfulness and is also a very great price. I say HELL YEAH to this choice especially if you’re on a budget. I remember when I had my entry level board from ride, I loved it (at that point I could link turns but wasn’t very experienced) and I didn’t outgrow it in skill level for about a season and a half. I think that for beginners, you can’t go wrong with a good priced entry level board that you can develop your skills on and try to figure out what parts of the mountain you enjoy most.

I hope I helped!

~ride on~

Jeff

Search the Forum: