Board and binding buying advice

spatchcocked

Snowboard Virgin
Rank
Total Posts: 1 Joined 2012-11-22

Posted: 22 November 2012 10:53 PM

Looking to get a new board for the season coming up within the next month or so. I like bombing the hills as well as the park, pipe (when there is one) and learning to hit rails and all that other fun stuff. Currently riding between a 2010 Skata Banana 155w and a 2004 Sims Sedition 148. I’m looking to retire the Sims board and want something a little more stable than the Skate Banana for bombing. It works, but seems to become a chatty cathy and a little more than squirrely at high speeds. Looking for something that will work all over the mountain on those days when i feel like switching between bombings and park riding and don’t feel like walking back to the car to grab another board. 5’11’‘, snow season i’ll be between 195 and 200lbs.  Not looking to really break the bank, i’ve looked at the Rome Crail and thats about it, mainly for the price. I have abit of wiggle room to go up in price. but i’d like to keep it at 350 and under. Also, Looking for new bindings. Currently using Burton missions on the SB and K2 Mach1’s on the Sims. The Mach’s were insanely cheap but i’ll be damned if they aren’t half bad. Was looking at the Rome Targa, Union Atlas and Burton Cartels. yeah, I know, my bindings are probably going to be the same price as my board.

Thanx.

Search the Forum: