Posted: 19 November 2012 08:37 PM
Let’s start with some background information. I’m 5’9 and 130 pounds. I have been snowboarding since 2010 and I get 40-60 days each season so I’m an advanced-expert Snowboarder. I also do snowboard cross for my school team and have came 2nd twice. I’m also a very quick learner. I’ve ridden a shitty sims board for all my days. I’ve recently ordered a 2013 Burton Custom X for 425$!! Now let’s skip to the tragic part, it is 160 centimeters! This board is made for pro’s and the size I’ve ordered was made for people over 155 pounds I think. Am I screwed? I mostly freeride and do Jumps in the terrain park. Thanks for your help!
Posted: 21 November 2012 08:10 AM
You’re not screwed but it’s a lot of board to handle… I would probably put you on a 156 Custom X in an ideal world.
Posted: 29 December 2012 03:59 AM
I have done literally the same exact thing but in girl version. I never used it because I know it is too big and that I won’t be able to handle it. If you are doing park you are going to want a smaller board if anything. Do what I am doing and attempt to sell it on ebay, craigslist, or anything else you can think of. You will most likely lose some money on it, as I will as well. But the money isn’t worth hurting your knees over if you don’t weight enough to turn the board properly.