looking for a first board

xblaze

Snowboard Virgin
Rank
Total Posts: 2 Joined 2012-11-14

Posted: 14 November 2012 02:10 AM

Hey all, Ben here I’m a 15 year old male looking for a great first board.I weigh 156 pounds and am 6 feet tall.I live in Los angeles and my dad has his pilots license so i will likely be going to mammoth mountain 3 hour flight and big bear, a half hour flight a lot. I spent 2 weeks in mammoth last year and i enjoy flying down the mountain pushing the board and my self, carving and the overall experience, but theres a chance i might try a few parks.Money is not a problem but it shouldn’t cost more than 800 dollars.

Thanks in advance,
Ben Williams

P.S Im probably ranked at a advanced beginner.

Thanks:)

Rich Ewbank

Administrator
Rich Ewbank Avatar
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts: 1567 Joined 2009-03-04

Posted: 16 November 2012 10:12 AM

Hey Ben,

What kind of snowboarding do you want to do? Do you want to hit the parks in Bear and Mammoth? Or would you rather cruise around the slopes?

Rich

xblaze

Snowboard Virgin
Rank
Total Posts: 2 Joined 2012-11-14

Posted: 20 November 2012 12:56 AM

Hey rich,
Thanks for the quick reply. I plan on mostly free riding, and cruising the slope with my friends, i don’t plan on doing any rails or jumps but i would like to be able to without wrecking my board. Basically I’m looking for a all-around board:) Also i was wondering your opinion on these two boards i was looking at: 
http://www.burton.com/mens-custom-flying-v-snowboard/276092,default,pd.html?start=23&cgid=mens-boards
And
http://www.burton.com/mens-antler-snowboard/276090,default,pd.html?start=18&cgid=mens-boards

Thanks again:),
Ben

protechjump

Snowboard Virgin
Rank
Total Posts: 4 Joined 2012-11-19

Posted: 20 November 2012 01:31 AM


You’re not going to like the Flying V because it’s not really freeride orientated. If you’re not going to go that fast, then it’s good. The Burton Custom fits your description perfectly. Another great board for you is the Never Summer Heritage or the Lib tech Machete GT. The T Rice Horsepower is also a very hard charging board and is good in the park. All these boards are great for you. I really like the Burton Antler too, but it is the same as the Burton Custom, but with higher tech and more park orientated since it’s less stable at high speeds. In conclusion, the best boards for you would be the Lib tech Machete Gt, Burton Custom, Never Summer Heritage or the Antler if you’re willing to spend 800$
I hope this helps.

Search the Forum: