Posted: 12 November 2012 06:34 PM
Hey everyone,
I’m a female height 4"9inches, weight 137lbs, my shoe size in men’s varies between 5 and 6 depending on the shoes I buy
I’ve been doing a little research because I want to buy a good quality board for a reasonable price. I asked a few friends where I could get a decent quality board for a reasonable price and they advised that I could go to places like Play It Again sports and get a used snowboard (which I am not opposed to at all) I also spoke to someone on live chat on dogfunk.com and it wasn’t until I spoke to that person where I understood that weight does matter when choosing a board. The person from dogfunk advised that I could get a kids board in 146 (by 146 I assume it is the length of the board)
I’m not one to really buy stuff online, but I would if I knew exactly what I was getting. Anyway, with research I’ve done online, it’s to my understanding that an all-mountain board or freestyle board would be good for beginners. I decided I’m going to take lessons at a local park, the hill is not very big, but not small either, and I was hoping once I get comfortable with snowboarding I would like to also ride on the half pipes.
I wanted to get some advice as to what kind of board would be best for me, and also get an understanding of other gear that’s mandatory. I also wanted to know what kind of technical aspects I should be looking at when choosing a board and what type of questions I should ask a sales rep or what to expect from a sales rep when I go into the store.
I’m not much of a store person either, I’m usually an in and out kind of person when I know what I want, but this is something I want to start this winter and elevate on every winter season, any advice someone can give me will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.
Neeta Dash :)