Rossignol Kypto, Ride Slackcountry or K2 Ultradream

plik

Snowboard Virgin
Rank
Total Posts: 4 Joined 2012-10-12

Posted: 10 November 2012 01:05 AM

Hi Guys,

I’m almost decided, honest!
I’ve managed to narrow my choices down to 3 boards that I’ve found for sale here.
I’m after something to ride powder, steeps, chutes and tree runs with. I’ll probably start trying to trick off some of the hits here, so I’d need something I can ride switch without to much work. I’m currently riding a 159w Atomic Hatchet, which is a bit of work in the pow, but I’ll keep it for riding park and just messing around on groomers.

I’m looking at:
This seasons 164mw Rossi Krypto for $450ish
Last seasons 164 Slackcountry for $520ish
or a 164 K2 Ultradream for $580.

The Ultradream seems like a really good board for what I want to do, and having seen one in the flesh today it looks awesome. But, would it be better enough than the Krypto to justify the extra $130?
Or would the Slackcountry be a better bet for learning to do more freestyle riding?

Finally, I’m 5"11’, weigh 95kg and have size 11 (uk) hooves. So would I be good on the sizes I’m looking at, or would a get away with riding smaller or need to ride longer?

Cheers,
Richard

Bri

Snowboard Virgin
Rank
Total Posts: 2 Joined 2012-11-11

Posted: 11 November 2012 07:19 AM

Check the manufactures recommended size charts. Size of board is dependent on your weight not your height, plus the type of riding. Park boards are traditionally shorter :)

Search the Forum: