Posted: 29 October 2012 02:54 PM
Okay, so I’m looking for a solid all mountain/all mountain freestyle board. Not looking it to be perfect at everything, just want it to be lively and playful, yet versatile for the whole mountain. Also, it must have good enough edge hold to cope with some East Coast ice. I don’t like bombing it down the mountain but I would like the board to be able to handle some speed. I’m an intermediate rider. Ideally it would be around $400 and less but in a push can go a bit more if I have to. I’m about 5’ 9” and 135 lbs with a size 10 US boot. No brand preference at the moment.
So far I have considered:
Yes The Basic.
Rossignol Templar
K2 Lifelike
K2 Raygun
Nitro Sub Zero
Burton Process Flying V (less sure about this one considering some of the feedback it has gotten)
Thanks, any insight would be great!
Posted: 29 October 2012 05:05 PM
Forgot to add, I’ve also looked at the Rossignol One Magtek briefly.
Posted: 03 November 2012 10:47 PM
Hey mate,
got any further in narrowing down your choices? The K2 Lifelike seems like it would fit your bill and the difference between the Rossi One and the Templar is really just that the Templar is a tuned down version of the one better suited for early intermediates. So it really depends on what you want..
Let me know if I can help some more, cheers Tobi
Posted: 04 November 2012 12:11 AM
How is the Rossi one? I found a great deal on it which I may go for. Is it as stiff and agressive as people say?
Posted: 04 November 2012 05:50 PM
Well the One is not as stiff as it was before it got the rocker on it, but it’s still far away from being noodle-ish.
Maybe you have the chance to test it before buying it, this season, which would probably be the best because you could then definitely say if it’s too stiff or just about right!
Can’t get too specific and tell you it’s the perfect board for you or not because I don’t know how you ride, how strong you are,.. Your choice!
Cheers Tobi
Posted: 04 November 2012 06:36 PM
Thanks for your help. I don’t think I will be able to have a chance to test it so I’ll just have to go for one or the other. It’s gonna be that or last year’s Lifelike most likely.