Need advice on K2 WWW rocker

kill1nmesmalls

Snowboard Virgin
Rank
Total Posts: 1 Joined 2012-10-28

Posted: 28 October 2012 04:53 AM

I was hoping to get some advice on the K2 WWW rocker which I just purchased but now I am not so sure it is the board for me..

About me:
5’3, 125lb female boot size 8
I have ridden for a few years but usually only go up once or twice a season and haven’t been in 3 years since having knee surgery. The board I used to use I have had for 10 years and it was way too small (and total crap).  I have been looking to upgrade for a while to a intermediate board at a good price but have had a really hard time finding something in my size.  The sporting goods store by me had some awesome deals for old 2010 models of boards and I had a choice between the K2 luna 149” and K2 www rocker 145” and ultimately chose the latter of the two. 

I am looking for an all mountain board that I can also use at the park should I develop an interest in it.  I really want something that is easier to control and carve with. I don’t plan on going too fast or doing any crazy jumps but might do some boxes and such if my knee holds up. I got the board at a really good price ($120) but didn’t do much research on it before I bought it. Now I am reading that it is an awesome board for jibbing but sucks for all mountain.  Others have said since it is a mens board it will probably be fine for all mountain also since it will not be as flexible. I am having a hard time understanding why this is a bad all mountain board so haven’t come to a decision yet as to whether I need to return it or not…

Also, the person who fit me for the board neglected to tell me about the need to go 5 cm down in size so I went with a 145 (which was in the middle of my sizing range). He also set me up with burton citizen bindings in size small despite having a boot size 8.  They didn’t have a medium in these and the small actually seems to fit well with just slight overhang (1 inch) on the boot.  Is this going to be an issue?

Search the Forum: