Advanced level boards.

Caelan

Snowboard Virgin
Rank
Total Posts: 5 Joined 2012-10-23

Posted: 25 October 2012 01:16 PM

Hey guys,

I have been meaning to get into snowboarding for a while now, so this winter i’m going to make the commitment and get into it. If at the end of the season i enjoyed it i want to buy my won board.

my question is this. How much of a difference does a board which in most reviews says for an expert make. I personally got good at skating by throwing myself in the deep end and buying a really twitchy board that wasn’t too happy when i got a landing wrong. Is it similar with a snowboard or will the “advanced level” tag make it nigh on impossible to ride?

Thanks guys

Rich Ewbank

Administrator
Rich Ewbank Avatar
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts: 1567 Joined 2009-03-04

Posted: 25 October 2012 01:24 PM

Riding an expert board when you’re a total beginner is a bit pointless. Because:

1) Beginner to intermediate boards are much easier to learn on
2) They’re considerably less expensive
3) By the time you’ve learn’t to use your expert boar properly you’ll want to replace it
4) I can’t think of any benefits of riding an expert board as a beginner apart from credability… but you must have heard the saying “all the gear no idea”?

My advice would be to get a quality intermediate board and it’ll transition you from beginner through to confident rider. If you want to spend that extra cash you’ll save wisely, got to a board shoop and buy the boot that fits and feels the best regardless of price.

Caelan

Snowboard Virgin
Rank
Total Posts: 5 Joined 2012-10-23

Posted: 25 October 2012 02:47 PM

yeah, i’ve been told on multiple occasions that if i’m going to splash out at any point it should be on my boots. Thanks mate i’ll look at some more boards and then decide what to do next =)

Search the Forum: