looking for a versatile board

Caelan

Snowboard Virgin
Rank
Total Posts: 5 Joined 2012-10-23

Posted: 23 October 2012 06:26 PM

Hey guys,

I’m looking for an incredibly versatile board. your welcome to slap me if i’m asking for too much. This is in essence what i want from my board

-> I want to have plenty of pop
-> I want to be able to ride the powder in the backcountry
-> I want plenty of grip for sharp turns
-> I want it to be capable of letting me do tricks without throwing me off if i get it a teensy bit wrong, so quite forgiving
-> I want it to be capable of being ridden switch, but only now and then
-> lastly i want it to be rail ready. So if the fancy takes me i can get some jibbing action.

simply put i want a freestyle board i can take to the back country and use on rails.
I know i can use the selecta but i want personal opinions as to the boards i could buy. I was thinking a board like last seasons custom x or the lib tech dark series, but i’m not sure how rail ready thy would be

Thanks for any help!!

Caelan

Snowboard Virgin
Rank
Total Posts: 5 Joined 2012-10-23

Posted: 23 October 2012 06:32 PM

i should also point out i’m 6ft 1/2 inches and i have large feet so a wide board would be preferrable

Axel

Snowboard Virgin
Rank
Total Posts: 3 Joined 2012-10-03

Posted: 01 November 2012 11:27 AM

Hello. I’m by no means a professional snowboard reviewer, nor have I ridden the last version of the boards you have been looking at. But in the lack of response from the pros I thought this might be of at least slight interest for you at the moment. I own a Custom X ‘11 which apart from the Squeeze box seems to be very much like the ‘13 on paper at least. I would say it would fail you on two spots:

“-> I want it to be capable of letting me do tricks without throwing me off if i get it a teensy bit wrong, so quite forgiving”
and
“-> lastly i want it to be rail ready. So if the fancy takes me i can get some jibbing action.”

Hope this is of some use for you.
Cheers

zoryfl

Moderator
zoryfl Avatar
RankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts: 546 Joined 2009-08-22

Posted: 03 November 2012 10:55 PM

Hey mate,

Axel is definitely right with what he’s saying. Although you didn’t tell us how strong you are as a rider (beginner, intermediate, expert?) the Lib DarkSeries and Custom X are WAY too stiff and advanced for jibbing and rails.
E.g. for the DarkSeries it explicitly says here on our website: “The firmest flexing snowboard in the Lib Tech range”.
Definitely not for rails then!

You really are asking for much. It’s pretty much impossible to find a board that’s stable at speed, carves like a knive, floats in pow perfectly and is soft enough for jibbing. You should try to figure out what’s most important for you or go ahead and buy two boards already. Although I don’t think that’s really necessary.

Check out the Amplid Paradigma, K2 Lifelike and tell me if that might be direction you are heading for.

Cheers Tobi

Search the Forum: