Need a new deck

exume

Snowboard Virgin
Rank
Total Posts: 3 Joined 2012-10-21

Posted: 21 October 2012 09:35 AM

Alrighty, so here’s the what’s what with what’s good.

I’ve been riding a Capita Ultrafear for the past few seasons, its a really fun, playful ride, but it doesn’t especially match my riding style all that well.  I got it because I wanted to try to step my game up in the park but what I really love riding is steep lines and trees.  I feel like it made me a stronger rider pushing a noodle through some tough spots but I want something more for me.

I’m about 6 feet tall, weigh about 170, and wear a size 11 boot, the waist width on the ultrafear is 25.5cm which is about perfect so I don’t want to go any narrower to avoid toe drag.  I love having a shorter board that I can whip around real easy but there aren’t many options in a similar size range.

I’ve been looking at the BSOD and the Totally FKn Awesome pretty hard, with the BSOD I could do a 159 and it would be slightly wider than what I’ve got, and the TFA I could run a little shorter.

Anyways… I don’t know what I want, guidance or some other form of thought steering would be appreciated.  Thanks

exume

Snowboard Virgin
Rank
Total Posts: 3 Joined 2012-10-21

Posted: 22 October 2012 06:30 AM

Sorry for the double post, maybe I’m impatient.  Basically I’m looking for an aggressive, all mountain freestyle stick that I can take into the backcountry quite a bit but still butter around and bomb groomers, and ride switch pretty well.  By no means am I married to the idea of a Capita but the BSOD is looking mighty fine right now.  The new GNU Impossible is another option I had in mind but I don’t know if the extra $250 would be worth it.  I plan on putting at least 100 days in this year so I need a deck I’ll be happy with.

Throw some similar options out there I may have overlooked, or tell me I’m an idiot for trying to swing a smaller board with my big(ish) feet.  Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks again.

Rich Ewbank

Administrator
Rich Ewbank Avatar
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts: 1567 Joined 2009-03-04

Posted: 22 October 2012 10:54 AM

BSOD is a killer deck! Video review should be online in the next 24 hours and when I get a second I’ll answer your questions. Rich

exume

Snowboard Virgin
Rank
Total Posts: 3 Joined 2012-10-21

Posted: 24 October 2012 04:41 AM

Thanks for the reply, appreciate the video review as well.  Seems like I’ll probably take the BSOD route and just keep the ultrafear in my trunk if I’m feeling jibberish

Rich Ewbank

Administrator
Rich Ewbank Avatar
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts: 1567 Joined 2009-03-04

Posted: 28 October 2012 11:40 PM

Haven’t had a chance to post the review on the site yet but the video review can be watched on Vimeo Capita BSOD Vimeo Review

Search the Forum: