Buying a new board. K2?

Mike 300

Snowboard Virgin
Rank
Total Posts: 2 Joined 2012-10-21

Posted: 21 October 2012 05:01 AM

I have been riding for around three years now on a old no name board that was given to me. It was a 152 with clickers. The board was very firm with little flex. I learned to ride on it but I think its time to get something much better.

I ride on the east coast so most of the conditions are normally hard packed snow to ice.

I had no problem riding down the mountain and carving even though the board is way to small for me. I am 220 lb and 5’10’’ so I think I need a 158 at least.

I was thinking about buying the K2 slayblade, but I have seen a few other K2s that would also be great. I want to continue to carve the mountain with stability but also be able to begin to transition to park a bit mainly jumps.

What would you suggest I go with? I really love the K2 boards but also would look at other brands. Thanks!

Edit: Also should have added that I wear a size 11 boot.

zoryfl

Moderator
zoryfl Avatar
RankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts: 546 Joined 2009-08-22

Posted: 21 October 2012 08:05 AM

Hey Mike,

if you are so into K2, why not get one of them, they sure offer a ride for everyone.
The Slayblade is a really good board. But as it is rather stiff and you seem to be looking forward to start getting into park-riding a bit, you might want to prefer the Lifelike to the Slayblade. It’s a similar construction and everything, just as Rich says here in the review-section: it’s for those riders who don’t really need the extra stiffness of the Slayblade.

It’s available in 157W and 160W so a size 11 boot shouldn’t be a problem.

Cheers Tobi

P.S.: I don’t want to rule out the Slayblade with the above! Just wanted to give you an idea of what else you could look for. As I said the Slayblade is awesome and if you feel like you’re strong enough for the Slayblade and you’re willing to take the chances on working the board a little harder, the Slayblade is the board to go with!

Mike 300

Snowboard Virgin
Rank
Total Posts: 2 Joined 2012-10-21

Posted: 21 October 2012 03:59 PM

Awesome I will look into the lifelike also. Thanks!

Search the Forum: