Elan Wave rider

plik

Snowboard Virgin
Rank
Total Posts: 4 Joined 2012-10-12

Posted: 18 October 2012 06:27 PM

Hi Guys
Following on from my last post Freerideish board

I popped into a shop in town, who mainly stock Artec / Elan boards, and they guy in there recommended a 164 Elan Wave rider.

I had a look through reviews online, and Elan seem to get pretty good reviews. But I havn’t been able to find much out about this board.

I was wondering if anyone has come across one, and if so, what was it like? I figure it will have loads of float in the pow, but will it be a bit too flexy for charging the steeper harder stuff?

Also, compared to something like the Ride Berzerker/Slackcountry, will it be hard work if I start trying to land switch in the pow (not something I’ll probably do any time soon, but I’ll hopefully have a whole season)

It would be great to hear what you guys think, as there doesn’t seem to be much info on this board.

Cheers,
Richard

zoryfl

Moderator
zoryfl Avatar
RankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts: 546 Joined 2009-08-22

Posted: 21 October 2012 11:23 AM

Hey Richard,

I’m really sorry no one is ever replying to the threads you open!
But I’m simply not really familiar with the Artec/Elan boards, especially not the WaveRider.
From what I can gather from the manufacturer description it should be a nice pow board with a surf-like feel due to the rocker/flat construction.

Can’t tell you anything specific, though. Really sorry!

Search the Forum: