Park board

Elias

Snowboard Virgin
Rank
Total Posts: 4 Joined 2012-10-15

Posted: 15 October 2012 12:02 PM

Hi!

I’m looking for a soft park board that’s stable enough for the icy conditions which are common where I ride.

I’m 182cm or almost 6 feet tall and 70kg or 155 pounds.

First, what length would you recommend? Secondly, what board? Would be great if I could use my old EST bindings, saving some money.

Thanks in advance!

zoryfl

Moderator
zoryfl Avatar
RankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts: 546 Joined 2009-08-22

Posted: 15 October 2012 01:53 PM

Hi there,

here’s a list of boards you could have a look at:
- Amplid Dopamine
- NeverSummer Evo
- K2 Parkstar
- Rossi Jibsaw
- Nitro Rook

Tell me what you think and what you liked and what you didn’t so we can figure something out for you!

Cheers Tobi

Rich Ewbank

Administrator
Rich Ewbank Avatar
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts: 1567 Joined 2009-03-04

Posted: 15 October 2012 02:27 PM

If you want to stick with Burton then maybe the Process or Parkitect?

Both medium flex boards with camber, designed for riding park but with the grip and stability to charge. Both feature the EST compatible channel.

Of course there are softer boards like the Joysick & Whammy Bar, but with V-Rocker they might lack grip on icey conditions.

Elias

Snowboard Virgin
Rank
Total Posts: 4 Joined 2012-10-15

Posted: 15 October 2012 06:46 PM

Thanks for your answers!

The boards you posted Tobi seems great, especially the Never Summer Evo! But unless they make up the price of a new binding in performance compared to price I have to stick to Burton.

Parkitect or Process seem like good choices. But will they fit my size 11 boots? I see no wide sizes. Also how would hybrid rocker boards do? I’ve never tried one but they seems like fun.

What size would you recommend?

zoryfl

Moderator
zoryfl Avatar
RankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts: 546 Joined 2009-08-22

Posted: 16 October 2012 08:35 AM

Sorry about that, I seem to have missed the “I want to use my old EST binding” part. My bad.

Burton should have a weight/height/boardsize chart on their website, just check where they see you fit in best.

Elias

Snowboard Virgin
Rank
Total Posts: 4 Joined 2012-10-15

Posted: 16 October 2012 04:36 PM

No worries!
I found out that the Process in fact is in midwide sizes, and therefore fitting my boots. There are no length recommendations, but according to weight the 155 and 157 are the ones to aim for. I will probably go for the 155 due to the planned usage.

If everything works out I will drop by later in the winter with thoughts on it.
Cheers

zoryfl

Moderator
zoryfl Avatar
RankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts: 546 Joined 2009-08-22

Posted: 16 October 2012 05:50 PM

That’d be great!

Best of luck this season, enjoy your new shred.

Elias

Snowboard Virgin
Rank
Total Posts: 4 Joined 2012-10-15

Posted: 07 January 2013 12:23 PM

Hi again!

Thought of following up this thread by saying that in the end, despite all great recommendations, I bought neither a Process nor Parkitect. Tempted (or brainwashed by the saleman lol) to go all way for buttery fun and playfulness I went for the Hate 155. Also, I was afraid that a flex 3 or 4 out of 10 might be too close to what I had before and thinking zero camber plus frostbite edges might suffice for edge hold on ice.

All in all I’m happy with the new shred. It’s lots of fun and very forgiving while doing small/mid size jumps and buttering, which was it’s main purpose. Longer review in it’s own segment of the site.

Search the Forum: