Posted: 14 October 2012 09:30 AM
Hey Everyone, I really need some help selecting a new board and bindings combo…. Please help…..
About me,
Im 6’1 220lbs, I wear a size 12 shoe so I assume my boot size would be a 12 too and I would like an all mountain snowboard. Im not much of a park guy but occasionally I like to do little boxes and small jumps, no big kickers or lips for me. I don’t do rails or the pipe hardly ever. I like all terrain though, groomed, off piste, moguls, pow, I like all that. I want a board that’s good quality and I wont out grow quickly, but most importantly I would like something easy and fun to ride. I dont need the fastest or stiffest board on the mountain just something solid and easy. I hate catching edges and would love a board that helps minimize that. Money isnt really a huge deal so im not too concerned pricewise. If theres something from last year you think would be great, im all ears, and of course anything from this years line up would be fine too. It would be great if you could reccomend a sweet set of bindings to go with that board too. Again im more concerned about quality and it being a good product than price…. Any suggestions would be awesome.
Thanks guys,
A.
Posted: 15 October 2012 07:33 AM
Hi there,
so what you’re looking for is pretty much an allmountain freestyle ride.
Here’s a list of boards you should check out and if you found something you really like we can go dig further in this direction or if you don’t really like them, we have to look for something else.
So here we go, pretty much alphabetically:
- Amplid Paradigma
- K2 Lifelike
- LibTech AttackBanana
- NeverSummer Evo
Just read through the descriptions, watch the review videos (if there is any) and let me know what you think!
Cheers Tobi
P.S.: Regarding bindings check the Union Force, or some Drake models!
Posted: 15 October 2012 07:52 AM
Thanks so much Tobi,
I was actually looking into a Never Summer Proto CT. I like the attack banana a lot as well. I dunno why but I linka just like the Never Summer Brand. How do you feel about the Proto CT?
Posted: 15 October 2012 08:03 AM
Well NeverSummer is an awesome brand to begin with. 3 years warranty on all of their boards and you know they are built solid!
The NS boards tend to be a bit heavier compared to other boards in the same range but if you’re not too keen on counting the grams you’re riding or doing mainly jumps that shouldn’t be an issue.
I suggested the Evo over the Proto CT because the latter is more on the stiffer side of an allmountain board. The Evo is really easy going, more on the freestyle side of the allmountain range.
But you’re definitely right looking at the Proto CT, it’s just that it will be stiffer and therefore a little more demanding to ride. You just gotta think about what and how you want to ride - can’t go far wrong with either of those two!
Cheers Tobi
Posted: 15 October 2012 08:09 AM
Great, Thanks so much. I will take a good look at both boards and check them out well. As for bindings I was really digging what Union is making and was curious if buying the top of line Union MC Metafuse, would be a good choice. I like the Union Atlas a lot as well. I have never seen Drakes but I will check them out too. Thank you so much for all your help.
Anthony.
Posted: 15 October 2012 08:18 AM
You’re welcome mate.
The Metafuse is a beast! It’s super light and super stiff. But as good as that might be for charging groomers it can get a little uncomfortable going easy.
The Atlas would be a good call I guess, bit more expensive than the Force but if you got the money, I’d probably opt for them.
Cheers Tobi