Help - I have drilled my board!

Davy Hair

Snowboard Virgin
Rank
Total Posts: 4 Joined 2010-03-20

Posted: 20 March 2010 03:00 PM

Hi All,

I am after a bit of advice, the screw heads on my binding have become treaded over time and as a result I was unable to remove the binding.

To rectify this problem I thought it would be a good idea to drill the uni disc out, unformulated I have drilled several holes in the surface of the board.

These I have filled with resin.

I guess my question is could I get away with one weeks boarding on it or should I really be looking at a new board (which is obviously what the stores advise!)

Hope someone can offer some advice.

Thanks

Rich Ewbank

Administrator
Rich Ewbank Avatar
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts: 1567 Joined 2009-03-04

Posted: 20 March 2010 07:14 PM

Haha, doesn’t sound ideal but there are holes in the topsheet where your insert holes are and creating a split board means drilling holes in the topsheet so I’m pretty sure you won’t have compromised the structural integrity of your deck too much. I think it will probably be ok. Did you manage to get the bolts out in the end?

Davy Hair

Snowboard Virgin
Rank
Total Posts: 4 Joined 2010-03-20

Posted: 21 March 2010 03:50 PM

Rich,

thanks for the reply and the sympathy!

Yeah got the bolts out and saved the bindings (which are newer than the board!) bit gutted as my trip is in April and I just had the board fully serviced in Feb.

So maybe one last trip and then get a new deck!

Cheers

Dave

Search the Forum: