rossi one mag - sizing advice…again…

Sugar

Snowboard Virgin
Rank
Total Posts: 2 Joined 2012-08-21

Posted: 21 August 2012 07:11 PM

hi all,
been reading this forum for a while, learned a load and figured i’d join. I’ve read here that the rossi one is a great choice and iv’e already decided to purchase it as my first board as a result, but i could use some sizing advice. I know that this topic has come up a lot in the forum, however i couldn’t find any info relevant to my size / skill set, so i opened a new thread. please forgive me!
I’m 175 cm (about 5 foot 8), weigh roughly 70 kilo (155 pounds). i’m a relatively new rider, however i’ve progressed quickly - i managed some decent pow lines and a little 360 in just my first week - probably because I’m a very experienced wave surfer.
i hope to be an all mountain rider who will go all over - pow, some park, maybe some boxes, hard carves etc.
my real question is should i go for a 156 cm one mag, or ought i downsize the board to a 153? i was thinking that a 153 might be a little softer flexing (more forgiving for a beginner) and playful. will i feel a real difference in performance if i downsize? will the board float worse in powder and carve less fluidly?
waddaya guys think?

thanks a lot for the help!

Rich Ewbank

Administrator
Rich Ewbank Avatar
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts: 1567 Joined 2009-03-04

Posted: 22 August 2012 06:30 AM

Personally, I’d stick to the 156, it’ll be a better all-mountain board, but I shouldn’t think there will be dire consequences if you size down to a 53. For your reference, Tom who twsted the One Mag in a 156 last year has exactly your stats… actually he might be a couple of kilos lighter.

Sugar

Snowboard Virgin
Rank
Total Posts: 2 Joined 2012-08-21

Posted: 24 August 2012 12:52 PM

Thanks for the help! i’ll go with the 156. hope it’ll be fun

stro

Snowboard Virgin
Rank
Total Posts: 9 Joined 2012-08-07

Posted: 27 August 2012 12:39 AM

Being a beginner-intermediate rider myself, I bought a 156 Rossi OneMagtek, too. I’m 5’11 (180cm) and 161 lbs (73kg), and the board comes to right below my mouth. I would imagine the 156 would come to your mouth or maybe a bit above, which I believe should be perfectly fine for you. Hope that helps!

Search the Forum: