Which Never Summer for 2013?

AllGoodYup

Snowboard Virgin
Rank
Total Posts: 1 Joined 2012-08-11

Posted: 11 August 2012 09:32 AM

Hi All. New to this so forgive me if I have posted in the wrong place.

I am looking to buy a new NS board and would like some advice from some of the wise old heads on this forum.

I have been riding for over 3 years, go away 3-4 times a year to Austria, France, Switzerland or Bulgaria to board. I am of a certain age where I spend most of my time riding the groomed pistes and dipping in an out between trails. I do very little park and like to ride the mountain all day as fast possible. I am sometimes lucky enough to get decent powder. I would say I am top of the intermediate level but would not describe myself as advanced. I weigh 195 lbs and am 6ft 1 with a size 10 boot.

I have been riding a Rome Postermania for a couple of years as I had a kind of all round board at that stage. However, as I do virtually no park I would like something a bit more aggressive and good for higher speeds and carving on the hill. I obviously like the look of the raptor but am thinking I might not be advanced enough for it although I obviously have the weight. In some ways I think I would become a better rider mastering it but would like some advice. Too much? Go for a F1, Legacy or SL at the other end of the scale?

Any advice most welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Marshwiggle

Snowboard Virgin
Rank
Total Posts: 4 Joined 2012-09-27

Posted: 27 September 2012 06:52 AM

NS Infinity

http://neversummer.com/snow/snowboards/infinity

Good all mountain board. You will love it. I ride park and ride the Pandora. Its a pretty diff design and wouldn’t grip as well as the Infinity.
You will be able to go fast on the groomers and on powder, as your riding progresses if you arent riding switch already you will have the ability to do so easily. Also if you want to spring off natural features every now and then this board will love it. I haven’t ridden a Rome before but I found the transition from a Burton to a NS a little strange. They are really responsive! But once you get the hang of it you won’t look back!

Portland Pete

Park Monkey
RankRankRank
Total Posts: 47 Joined 2011-01-14

Posted: 27 September 2012 08:55 PM

SL in a 161 seems like it would do you right.

Search the Forum: