Did I get the right board?  Arbor Element RX

IdahoSpud

Snowboard Virgin
Rank
Total Posts: 2 Joined 2012-08-09

Posted: 09 August 2012 11:58 PM

The other day I bought a Arbor Element RX.  I am 6’0” 170 pounds and the people at the shop insisted I get a 159 because of the way the board rides.  However, they were not sure if my boots would be too wide for the board.  I wear size 10 Burton Moto boots.  I found it odd that the “sales experts” were uneasy with size 10 boots on that board and that they thought I was crazy for considering a 161 element.  The board width is 25.25 cm.  Should I go with a wider board?  Thanks for any info!

Rich Ewbank

Administrator
Rich Ewbank Avatar
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts: 1567 Joined 2009-03-04

Posted: 10 August 2012 10:41 AM

If it’s a US10 Moto you should be ok with a 25.2 waist board. I’m a US9 Vans which tend to be at ouch longer than Burtons and I ride a 24.8 to 25.3 most of the time. Yeah that does seem a bit silly that they don’t know what boot fits a board width. If your angles are very small like 0 to 10 degrees then you might want a mid-wide deck but I think you’ll be fine on 25.2 if you angles are 10+ degrees.

Search the Forum: