Amplid dopamine

ilbutto

Snowboard Virgin
Rank
Total Posts: 4 Joined 2012-07-06

Posted: 06 July 2012 09:57 AM

Just wondering what peoples opinions were on this as a board for hitting larger kickers?

Or whether this board is specifically a jib deck and if so which bindings would be best suited to it?

Rich Ewbank

Administrator
Rich Ewbank Avatar
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts: 1567 Joined 2009-03-04

Posted: 06 July 2012 12:48 PM

Kinda depends on your weight. I’ve ridden the Dopamine 153 on medium size kickers 10-12m and it’s great. The tail is a little too soft for sticking landings when your weight is back but it feels pretty steady on run ins and doesn’t get twitchy. I think if you’re riding bigger than 15m then you’d want something else though. It’s a jib board with the capacity to hit medium sized jumps.

ilbutto

Snowboard Virgin
Rank

Posted: 06 July 2012 01:15 PM

Cheers for that.

I’m considering buying one so what sort of size would you suggest would be best?

I ride mainly smaller hits and a couple of larger kickers but tend to spend most of my time jibbing piste and park. I’m 6ft and weigh about 11 and a half stone around 160 pounds I guess. I spent last season riding a salamon Sanchez and it was great fun and a brilliant little jib stick however it did tend to wash out on slightly larger hits and kickers so I was just wondering if the dopamine would be more of an improvement on that.

any help would be great

Rich Ewbank

Administrator
Rich Ewbank Avatar

Posted: 06 July 2012 01:23 PM

I’m 11.5 stone too and I rode the 153 which was perfect. I think the Dopamine has a bit more guts than the Sanchez but it’s a pretty similar board at the end of the day. If you want to erradicate wash-out then you should look at Amplid’s zero camber freestyle stick the Agronnym if you want to stick with amplid, if you’re in the UK which I guess you are by the use of stone then you can order a 10/11 it direct from AMplid for about 200Euros or a 09/10 from Absolute Snow for about the same. It’s a practically identical shape but without rocker… still floats great in pow and feels easier going than camber but won’t wash out. Alternatively a board like the Nitro Sub Zero or Never Summer Evo with rocker between the feet and camber in the tips might take you fancy.

ilbutto

Snowboard Virgin
Rank

Posted: 06 July 2012 05:38 PM

I think I’ll be going for the dopamine as I tend to spend most of the time jibbing around and by the sounds of it the 153 would be perfect.

Thanks for the help man, it’s much appreciated

spol1234

Snowboard Virgin
Rank
Total Posts: 2 Joined 2012-08-24

Posted: 24 August 2012 08:50 AM

Hi rich,

At first.. sorry I´m from Austria and my English is not the best! ;)

I read your review about the dopamine and think that´s the right board for me! 

The only problem is I´m not sure about the right size for me!?

I´m 1,80m and weigh 75kg

In us.. I´m 5,90 ft and weigh 165 lb

Now I ride a K2 parkstar 155… ride it in park and in powder and think the size is perfect for it.

So I´m not sure about the dopamine in 153 is a little bit to short for me? ...because I also whanna ride in pow with it! …is it not better to take it in 156?

Or are you thinking it´s to long for my weigh in 156?

Hope you can help to make the decision easier!

Thx a lot and sorry about my English.. think it´s horrible!
Nice greetings
Thiago

Rich Ewbank

Administrator
Rich Ewbank Avatar

Posted: 24 August 2012 12:08 PM

Hey Thiago,

I am exactly the same height and weight as you. I rode 153 Dompamine and it was the right size for park riding with the occassional shred in the pow. You can now buy the 11/12 Dopamine for 191 Euros on Amplid.com which is a crazy price.

Comparing your Parkstar to the Dopamine, the Dopamine is definitely softer than the Parkstar, if that is what you want it’s perfect. If you want something stiffer than the Parkstar you might want to check the the new 12/13 Amplid LoBro which has a hybrid camber and is available as a 155.

Dein englisch ist besser als mein deutsch!

Rich

spol1234

Snowboard Virgin
Rank
Total Posts: 2 Joined 2012-08-24

Posted: 24 August 2012 01:33 PM

Hey Rich,

thx for your fast answer!

Yes, I want a board what´s little bit softer and playful than the parkstar.. so, think the Dopamine is the right decision.

Would say you’ve convinced me, 153 is the right decision! I will order it today, cause the price is really crazy! ;)

Thx a lot for your help!
greetings
Thiago

Und der Satz ist in perfekten deutsch geschrieben! Nice! ;)

zoryfl

zoryfl Avatar
RankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts: 546 Joined 2009-08-22

Posted: 24 August 2012 07:08 PM

Don’t forget to leave a short review here on the website once you’ve taken it out for a couple rides.

Search the Forum: