Brands not known?

naptown

Snowboard Virgin
Rank
Total Posts: 2 Joined 2012-06-15

Posted: 15 June 2012 01:08 AM

Real quick i have only boarded twice and i fell in love.  now im trying to get a board of my own to learn on and not rent.  I not experienced but am researching the terms and what not.  Everyone seems pretty freindly here so im gonna ask.  I have looked and been into the store zumies when they are selling their boards.  I have looked online.  I am wondering what is up whith these branda i see there but nowhere else.  like aperature, alibi and technine.  they seem ok but i dont know.  anyone got some info?

lbarger

Snowboard Virgin
Rank

Posted: 15 June 2012 03:49 PM

As for the first two brands im not too familiar with but I have a few friend who ride technine snowboards. They seem to love them but I haven’t had first hand experience riding them so im not too sure as to what there strong points and weak points are but I get the idea that they are generally used for park and street. This leads us to your most important question, do you want a board for high speeds or a jib board? Once you have decided what you prefer to ride look into some reviews on boards and see what technology’s they offer.

To get an idea as to what brands you should look into check out some sites that are pretty well known. Such as the-house.com or dogfunk.com. Also one of the most reliable feeds to hear from are your friends. Dont be afraid to ask for help they will give you advice. If you are looking for a nice cheap park board I suggest the rossignal trickstick. It is a good wood award winner (an award given to a select few boards each season by transworld snowboard magazine). If your looking into a hybrid of the two boards I suggest a Nitro T1. I am riding that right know and love it because of its versatility. As for stiff boards im not sure but if I was in your situation I would read reviews.

Some brands I know to be pretty reliable as far as well known for making boards worth their price are: Forum, Rome SDS, Nitro, Ride, K2, and of course the notorious Burton. Hope this helps, if you have any other questions just ask on the forums like you did. Good luck man
And word to the wise, don’t go for graphics go for a good reliable board.

naptown

Snowboard Virgin
Rank

Posted: 25 June 2012 08:48 PM

Thanks for the help!  I have been doing just that researching the ins and outs of each board i think will be good, reading reviews, forums, everything.  The House helped a lot with reviews and stuff.  I ended up looking into the k2 turbo dream (didnt like the rocker flat rocker combo), the k2 taipan (but seemed a little advanced for me), the two i really like and cant decide between are the 2012 Never Summer SL 158 and the Lib-Tech Attack Banana (cant decide 156-159)  Both are nice boards and i think i will like them but cant decide i like that the NS SL is a 158 (i ride 157 comfortably but have only been snowboarding twice)  i am sceptical about the 156 or 159 i think they are .a bit small and a bit big but not sure how much 2 cm really makes a difference.  But those two are my last decisions.  Now i got to get some bindings and i will get boots when i get back from deployment.

DiRt DeViL

Snowboard Virgin
DiRt DeViL Avatar
Rank
Total Posts: 5 Joined 2013-03-01

Posted: 04 March 2013 06:29 PM

Was on your same situation but went used instead, ended up buying a 10 y/o board; after finding that out almost threw it away but I’m a newb and for learning is does the job well.

Read, ask, learn so you can make an educated purchase new or used; there’s more to this than just the board size.

Search the Forum: