Lib Tech First Board

blank_element

Snowboard Virgin
Rank
Total Posts: 4 Joined 2012-05-24

Posted: 24 May 2012 08:26 AM

Hello,
Im looking at going snowboarding for the first time in Niseko come late january and i was looking into the Lib Tech range of boards for my first purchase. I’ve been told i should go for a more softer flex board as it would be easier to learn on and more forgiving. I’ve been looking at the Skate Banana (156) as it seems to have a flex rating of 5 (or 6). Im a pretty big fan of the Attack Banana because of the different camber setup but am a bit worried it might be a lil too stiff for a beginner.

Capita, Rome and Forum also look sick but i seem to be leaning towards the Lib Tech range beacuse of recent reviews i have read.

Could anyone suggest any boards in these brands that could work for me?
Im about 176cm and 82kg size 10US boot. Preferably an all mountain board which would handle pow well and be fun in the park, small jumps, box’s etc….

Cheers!
Luc

blank_element

Snowboard Virgin
Rank
Total Posts: 4 Joined 2012-05-24

Posted: 24 May 2012 08:28 AM

also im probably looking at getting Union Force bindings which seem to be the go…

chub11

Snowboard Virgin
Rank
Total Posts: 6 Joined 2012-03-09

Posted: 25 May 2012 01:25 AM

I think the attack banana would be fine for you. However, I wouldn’t limit yourself to just Lib boards. Do some more research and see what you like the look of.

blank_element

Snowboard Virgin
Rank
Total Posts: 4 Joined 2012-05-24

Posted: 25 May 2012 01:53 AM

Yeah I’ve been also been looking at the Capita Horrorscope, Forum Destroyer, Rossi Angus and the Never Summer Evo just to name a few! Wayyyyyyyy too many to choose from but I guess I’m just after something with a softer flex and a hybrid rocker/camber profile or just plain rocker to help me stay afloat in the pow.

blank_element

Snowboard Virgin
Rank
Total Posts: 4 Joined 2012-05-24

Posted: 25 May 2012 10:27 AM

How about the Capita Ultrafear? Thoughts?

Magnum

Piste Cruiser
RankRank
Total Posts: 17 Joined 2011-09-06

Posted: 01 June 2012 12:55 PM

Haven’t been to Niseko but it’s powder heaven from what I hear.  You’d need a board with great float in powder but can do well in all types of terrain and snow conditions.  Can’t talk to the other boards you’re considering… I ride an Angus and I’m sure the Angus will do you very well.  The Attack Banana has camber underfoot and will tend to sink in powder, whereas Rossi’s flat/rocker option does better.

Enjoy!

Nico

Snowboard Virgin
Rank
Total Posts: 5 Joined 2012-08-24

Posted: 24 August 2012 07:29 PM

you could try the lib tech banana magic, or the skate banana, or my favourite board at the moment, the ride DH: It’s an All-mountain trickstick, but if you want to ride faster, it is getting stiffer. flex 9/10
Greets

Search the Forum: