Posted: 07 March 2012 06:41 PM
Just recently had a bad snowboarding accident and recieved a type 3 shoulder separation. I hope to get back riding next season. Has anybody else here had this injury? Do you use any type of shoulder protection now?
Posted: 17 March 2012 11:58 PM
outch!
Luckily I never had an accident alike to yours yet, but as a med student I can imagine what you are going through right now. Hopefully you went to the gym regularly and have strong muscles at your shoulder and your upper back? ;)
I’m curious: Did you get surgery afterwards?
Posted: 18 March 2012 07:54 PM
I had a shoulder injury, happened 2 years ago when i landed hard on it while doing ju jitsu. Took me year and a half to revocer to 100%. Just like ZORYFL said, rest for some time until you fell better then just hit the gym. Work with low weights and try to do all the shoulder exercises. Massage is helpful as well. Hope you will get better soon and recover 100%.
Posted: 29 March 2012 07:41 PM
I did a stage 3 separation of my ACJ shoulder joint in Val D I’Sere in 2008 - in a drunken accident in dicks T bar!
My avice would be to rest it for a couple of weeks and see a physio soon to work out a good management plan. There are various specific exercises you can do. You should be ale to avoid any surgery.
It will start to ease up after a few weeks and you shold be back to light sport on about 4-6 weeks. I was back on the board following year and continue to do Krav Maga with no issues.
Hope you make a speedy recovery - good luck !