Bolle Goggle Amnesty Contest Thread

Rich Ewbank

Administrator
Rich Ewbank Avatar
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts: 1567 Joined 2009-03-04

Posted: 29 February 2012 09:27 PM

This is the home of the Bolle Goggle Amnesty contest. To submit an entry, make a post and upload your photo. With your photo, give us a brief explanation of why you need a pair of Bolle Gravitys to replace your old goggles. We’ll choose who we think is the most in need of an optics make-over. Bon chance :)

maccs

Snowboard Virgin
Rank
Total Posts: 2 Joined 2012-03-05

Posted: 06 March 2012 12:31 AM

After thinking about whether to insult someone’s eyes or not for several days I finally decided to upload a few pictures of my “offending articles/vintage goggles”. So I went to my room to take some photos - the last time I wore those outside I was not allowed to enter the ski lift.

Back in the days my precious used to impress with a fully padded triple-layer nano-face-foam, the extreme flexibility maintained even in extreme cold. Fog-prevention never admitted dampening my self-confidence. The polarized lenses eradicated the harmful UV and provided best depth perception.

The following pictures demonstrate what happens if the impact-resistance-technology ceased to work, how you are aware of your environment when scratch-resistance and optical clarity retired years ago. Perhaps you get a hint what de-tuned light transmission and restricted peripheral- and downward vision really mean.

To be honest, i want to have back the good old days.

Image Attachments  port_klein2.jpgboden_klein.jpg2012-03-05 22.14.31.jpg

Rich Ewbank

Administrator
Rich Ewbank Avatar

Posted: 06 March 2012 01:05 AM

Oh god Maccs you desperately need some new goggles! Well so far you’re the favourite :)

Thanks for the submission!

Ell

Snowboard Virgin
Rank
Total Posts: 1 Joined 2012-03-26

Posted: 26 March 2012 09:11 PM

Hello Snowboard Review,

Here are my old classic adidas goggles which have seen so much action over the past decade that the protective foam is now none existent.

So much so that after a day on the slopes i have a permament scar of where the hard plastic carves into the skin!

Here is a picture of me at the weekend wearing the goggles in sunny Zillertal which with your help will hopefully be last time I ever wear them again!

Cheers

Ell

Image Attachments  DSCN2302.jpgDSCN2304.jpgDSCN2306.jpg

maccs

Snowboard Virgin
Rank
Total Posts: 2 Joined 2012-03-05

Posted: 13 April 2012 05:41 PM

Hey Rich, hey SB-RV-Team,

just wanted to ask how far you have come with your choice. I thought the goggles-contest should already have come to an end almost two weeks ago.

best regards,
maccs

Rich Ewbank

Administrator
Rich Ewbank Avatar

Posted: 18 April 2012 04:10 PM

Hey Maccs & Ell,

Apologies for the delay announcing the winner of the Bolle Goggle Amnesty Contest. Thanks to both of you for submitting entries. In the end it came down to the fact that the DIY goggles probably haven’t been out on the slopes (I hope not at least) so we’ve decided to award the Bolle’s to Ell who’s Adidas Robbins (without the face foam) look like a bit of a health hazard. Congrats to Ell, but Maccs, fear not, we’ve got a ton of comps going on next season including a set-up giveaway so keep an eye-out for that.

Many thanks,

Rich & the SB-RV Team

Search the Forum: