SBRV 2.0 Issue Tracker Thread

Dan Morgan

Administrator
Dan Morgan Avatar
RankRankRank
Total Posts: 39 Joined 2009-02-17

Posted: 12 January 2012 12:08 PM

Hi guys,

I am going to maintain a list of issues/bugs/glitches with the new site here, so if you see anything wrong not on this list please shout.

Forum:

1. Author names which are too long do not wrap on threads. FIXED.
2. New Posts link missing. FIXED
3. “Submit reply” heading for New Topic.
4. Thumbnails screwy. FIXED.
5. Legend Icons are links to nowhere but should not be.
6. Pagination is inconsistent across browsers and looks screwy in some popular ones! FIXED.
7. “Sticky”, “Announcement” etc type threads have wonky titles on the list of topics.
8. Search results - missed this in the restyle and as such looks wonky. FIXED.
9. Better post separation for non-logged in users. FIXED
10. View category page footer (linked from breadcrumbs) is wrong. FIXED.
11. Search box doesn’t render well in Safari. FIXED.
12. Quoted text blends in to regular text (small CSS glitch not applying the correct styling). FIXED.

Misc

1. Quick Reply “missing”. Quick Reply was removed in the design overhaul. Or, more accurately, we did not add it back in when building up the new design. It will be interesting to see if the spelling on the forum improves if we make the “Check Spelling” link a bit more in your face…

zoryfl

zoryfl Avatar
RankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts: 546 Joined 2009-08-22

Posted: 25 January 2012 06:11 PM

Does that mean ‘Quick Reply’ is never going to return?! =’(

Rich Ewbank

Administrator
Rich Ewbank Avatar
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts: 1567 Joined 2009-03-04

Posted: 25 January 2012 06:16 PM

The only reason it’s quicker is because you can see what the previous person wrote… good brain training Tobi.

Dan Morgan

Administrator
Dan Morgan Avatar
RankRankRank

Posted: 25 January 2012 06:25 PM

So the traditional Post Reply had a nifty little feature called “Thread Review” which listed all the previous posts in reverse order underneath.

This too went away, but it’s interesting two of our most prolific posters did not know it was there (there was a little + sign that revealed it next to “THREAD REVIEW”).

So all Quick Reply did in theory was enable you to post without loading a new page - both options gave you access to the last post(s).

It’s not too painful to reinstate, but way down on the list right now given the impact.

zoryfl

zoryfl Avatar

Posted: 26 January 2012 09:58 AM

You’re kidding, right? :)
Where did I say I never knew about the Thread review function, I used it every time I quoted someone..

But especially when posting from a mobile device, it makes quite a difference if you have to load the Post reply page or just hit the quick reply button. (Especially with an operator like o2 here..)

Anyway, I would really appreciate the quick reply function but I guess I’ll just train my brain like Rich said until it’s back here!

Cheers Tobi

Dan Morgan

Administrator
Dan Morgan Avatar
RankRankRank

Posted: 26 January 2012 10:33 AM

zoryfl - 26 January 2012 01:58 PM

Where did I say I never knew about the Thread review function, I used it every time I quoted someone..

In this thread you said:

zoryfl - 20 January 2012 04:18 PM

I do really REALLY miss the quick-reply function.
It was so much more comfortable to be able to check the users question again by just scrolling upwards instead of copying your written answer, go back and forth again in your browser, paste the text,...

If you knew about and and used the Thread Review function, you would not need to go back and forth in your browser and paste the text. You just scroll down and it’s there.

I’m just going off what you write :)....

Rich Ewbank

Administrator
Rich Ewbank Avatar
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts: 1567 Joined 2009-03-04

Posted: 26 January 2012 11:13 AM

Handbags ladies!

Actually I wrote it.

zoryfl

zoryfl Avatar

Posted: 26 January 2012 12:40 PM

Dan Morgan - 26 January 2012 02:33 PM

If you knew about and and used the Thread Review function, you would not need to go back and forth in your browser and paste the text. You just scroll down and it’s there.

haha, Dan, you get the props for reading my posts carefully!
But with what I said I was referring to the current version of the forums where we do neither have a quick reply nor a thread review.

But Rich is right, let’s just leave it at the point where I miss the Quick Reply and you will eventually add it back to the forums. =)

See you soon!

zoryfl

zoryfl Avatar

Posted: 31 January 2012 02:34 PM

Just noticed that the 404 Error page looks a bit weird (Firefox, Windows).

zoryfl

zoryfl Avatar

Posted: 02 February 2012 02:43 PM

I was just wondering.. is there any way to view news being older than the “latest news” (and not using google to find them)?
I can’t find a link that says “read older news” or an archive or whatever.

Cheers Tobi

Dan Morgan

Administrator
Dan Morgan Avatar
RankRankRank

Posted: 02 February 2012 02:47 PM

zoryfl - 02 February 2012 06:43 PM

I was just wondering.. is there any way to view news being older than the “latest news” (and not using google to find them)?
I can’t find a link that says “read older news” or an archive or whatever.

Cheers Tobi

Yep, but you just can’t see it yet - watch this (or that) space.

Search the Forum: