Should I purchase a K2 Parkstar (Wide)?

Poll
Should I purchase a K2 Parkstar?
Yes 1
No 1
Total Votes: 2
You must be a logged-in member to vote

kpozan

Piste Cruiser
RankRank
Total Posts: 12 Joined 2010-03-02

Posted: 02 March 2010 01:21 AM

I am currently in the market for a new snowboard. I am 6’1” and 170 lbs. I wear size 11.5 Burton Freestyle snowboard boots.

A fair evaluation of my skill level would place me in the “intermediate” category. I have been snowboarding since 1999, and consequently I am great at carving. I regularly go over jumps, and I recently began performing grabs while in the air.

If I plan to spend half of my time on black diamond runs and half of my time in the park (but not on rails), is it a good idea to get a K2 Parkstar? I have heard that it is a great all-around board.

All responses are much appreciated.

kpozan

Piste Cruiser
RankRank
Total Posts: 12 Joined 2010-03-02

Posted: 02 March 2010 04:52 AM

Also, should I purchase the K2 Parkstar or the Yes Yes.?

(I found the YES YES. board on this website http://www.snowboard-review.com/snowboard_reviews/review/yes/P20/)

kpozan

Piste Cruiser
RankRank
Total Posts: 12 Joined 2010-03-02

Posted: 02 March 2010 07:01 AM

I forgot to add this.

I am looking for:

[x] Board
[  ] Binding
[  ] regular straps
[  ] fast-entry system (Flow/Cinch/..)
[  ] Boots
[  ] Other


Measurements:

Body height:  6’2”
Weight:    170 lbs
Shoe size:  11.5 US


Riding level:

[  ] Beginner
[x] Intermediate (but new to the park)
[x] Advanced
[  ] Expert


Riding style: (multiple selections allowed)

[x] Piste   [50] %
[  ] Powder   [0] %
[x] Park   [50] %
[  ] Rails   [0] %

But I want to do more park…

Special requests: K2 Parkstar Wide or the YES YES? At 26.5cm, is the K2 Parkstar Wide too wide for my size 11.5 Burton Freestyle boots? At 25.5cm wide, is the YES YES. too narrow for my size 11.5 Burton Freestyle boots?


Price Limit:    [N/A]

Search the Forum: