NEW Rider advice on a board please.

m21att1

Snowboard Virgin
Rank
Total Posts: 2 Joined 2010-02-24

Posted: 24 February 2010 06:54 PM

I’ve been out 3 days, I’m not awful, I can stay up most of the way down the mountain starting to link turns etc.  Looking for basically an all mountain board, I’m riding on mostly hard packed stuff and maybe make a it to a few places to ride powder next year.  I’m 5’10 185lbs.  I was looking at the Ride Control, but obviously I’m new and very open to suggestions.  Any help would be greatly appreciated, I’m going back out this weekend so hopefully I can have a new setup by then.  I already own boots, VANS Aura BOA. 

Thanks in advance.

Rich Ewbank

Administrator
Rich Ewbank Avatar
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts: 1567 Joined 2009-03-04

Posted: 25 February 2010 12:37 AM

Hi m21att1

Your definitely looking at boards along the right lines, the control is a great package for a learner.

I’ve listed another couple of boards worth looking at around that price range which are designed to help beginners to progress and are good for all mountain riding, park, piste and powder.

The Endeavor Guerilla - Good pricepoint deck, biavial glass for easy turn initiation, an easy to maintain extruded base and nice clean graphics.

Artec Novus - A really great board at an unbelievable price, especially as it’s got a sintered base and a two year warranty.

Atomic Vantage - Much the same as the other two, however, the progressive sidecut will work really well as you become a more aggresive rider. If you want a slightly higher spec board with a super fast base and more freestyle biased performance, look at the Hatchett.

Palmer P-Line - A pricepoint deck with a progressive tri-radial sidecut, biaxial glass and a high grade extruded base. Essentially it’s almost the same as the Atomic vantage in a slightly more conservative cool black graphic.

Have a look and let me know what you think. THese are beginer decks I think they’ll be the best option to aid your progression.

Rich

m21att1

Snowboard Virgin
Rank
Total Posts: 2 Joined 2010-02-24

Posted: 25 February 2010 03:51 PM

Rich Ewbank - 25 February 2010 04:37 AM

Hi m21att1

Your definitely looking at boards along the right lines, the control is a great package for a learner.

I’ve listed another couple of boards worth looking at around that price range which are designed to help beginners to progress and are good for all mountain riding, park, piste and powder.

The Endeavor Guerilla - Good pricepoint deck, biavial glass for easy turn initiation, an easy to maintain extruded base and nice clean graphics.

Artec Novus - A really great board at an unbelievable price, especially as it’s got a sintered base and a two year warranty.

Atomic Vantage - Much the same as the other two, however, the progressive sidecut will work really well as you become a more aggresive rider. If you want a slightly higher spec board with a super fast base and more freestyle biased performance, look at the Hatchett.

Palmer P-Line - A pricepoint deck with a progressive tri-radial sidecut, biaxial glass and a high grade extruded base. Essentially it’s almost the same as the Atomic vantage in a slightly more conservative cool black graphic.

Have a look and let me know what you think. THese are beginer decks I think they’ll be the best option to aid your progression.

Rich

Rich thanks so much for the sound advice, I will definitely check out the boards you mentioned, I’m so stoked to get something of my own to ride on!!  Thanks again!

Search the Forum: