Jones Flagship Size

Andrew

Snowboard Virgin
Rank
Total Posts: 2 Joined 2010-11-16

Posted: 16 November 2010 11:30 PM

Hey,

I’ve been perusing around recently and looking for a nice freeride board and this site is one of the best sites I could find for advice. I looked at the review for the Jones Flagship and it looks like the right board for me.

I’ve been (sadly) riding a 152 K2 Zepellin for about 6 or 7 years with some K2 V8’s for bindings. I’ve grown quite a bit since then, I’m now 6’ 2” and 150-160 lbs with size 11 shoes.

I’m an east coast rider, so lots of groomers and hard pack, but I occaisionally go off piste into the trees. Also, I want a board which will stomp landings on crappy conditions, and I’m never in the park except for the occaisional jump.

I was thinking a Flagship 161 would be good, but I was wondering if it would be too stiff and to much of a jump up from the current size. What would you say?

Also- as far as bindings go, I was thinking some Ride SPi’s would be perfect. Opinion?

Andrew

Rich Ewbank

Administrator
Rich Ewbank Avatar
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts: 1567 Joined 2009-03-04

Posted: 17 November 2010 06:08 PM

It’s certainly a bit of a change. The thing is, although you are pretty tall, you are relatively light, which makes board sizing difficult.

A 161 would probably match your weight, but if you hold it up against you it’ll look like a freestyle board length. Is it out-and-out speed and carving performance that you want? The 159 Mountain Twin might fit your needs a little better as it is a little softer flexing amd would probably take better to riding kickers in the park.

Rich

Andrew

Snowboard Virgin
Rank
Total Posts: 2 Joined 2010-11-16

Posted: 17 November 2010 07:01 PM

Well, for the most part I spend a fair amount of time away from the park, its just an occaisional thing. I love to rocket, so in the end I’d probobally go for the Flagship. And despite the fact that its a bit of a step up, I plan on using it for a long time and theres a good chance that I’ll get even bigger then.

So for a tree rider/ on piste you would say the Ride’s would be a good choice of bindings?

Thanks for the help.

Rich Ewbank

Administrator
Rich Ewbank Avatar
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts: 1567 Joined 2009-03-04

Posted: 17 November 2010 07:06 PM

Yeah for sure. A nice suportive binding, can’t really go wrong with them. With that setuip you’ll be craking super nice carves all day long.

Search the Forum: