Forum Substance et al.

Jojo

Snowboard Virgin
Rank
Total Posts: 3 Joined 2010-11-16

Posted: 16 November 2010 12:51 PM

Hey guys,

I’m new to the forum but I’m hoping you can help me out! I’ve been looking at boards for a while and cant get my head around what to get… I’m just over 6ft and around 70kg - I’ve been riding a Rome Flag (157) for the last few years and am looking for a more park orientated board.

I’ve been thinking of the Forum Substance at 156 but I’m not sure its suitable as I’ve got UK 10.5 boots. Any advice you could give would be awesome

Cheers

Rich Ewbank

Administrator
Rich Ewbank Avatar
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts: 1567 Joined 2009-03-04

Posted: 17 November 2010 06:37 PM

Yeah that could end up with a bit of overhang.

Is there anything that you particularly want from your new freestyle deck. Are you looking for a rockered snowboard in particular? And is 156 the ideal length?

Rich

Jojo

Snowboard Virgin
Rank

Posted: 17 November 2010 07:33 PM

Yeah was thinking that…

Just something that I can progress in the park with really - I find my flag doesnt offer enough flex and I’d like a rocker too. I’m kinda happy with my 157 but just thought the 1cm wouldnt make too much of a impact. I know at just over 6ft that a might be a bit on the short side but I rode boards 160+ when I was learning and I found that I preffer a smaller board.

I was considering the never summer revolver too, its a bit on the pricey side though. Is there anything else that you think fits the bill?

Cheers for the response Rich

Rich Ewbank

Administrator
Rich Ewbank Avatar
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts: 1567 Joined 2009-03-04

Posted: 17 November 2010 08:19 PM

Hi Jojo,

You know what, I was just about to suggest the Revolver myself!

Have you thought about the K2 Fastplant in a wide, that board sounds perfect for you. It can handle a blast about and will have you learning more tricks than you thought possible.

I’d also have a look at the Nitro Rook which has a flat camber profile and can do it all. Again on the Freestyle front you could check out the Nitro Team Gullwing. A similar profile to the Revolver with wide options and it’s about £100 cheaper.

Rich

Jojo

Snowboard Virgin
Rank

Posted: 18 November 2010 04:24 PM

Cheers Rich, really appreciate your advice

I think I’m going to go foe the NS Revolver - I preffer the graphics and it appears that it can be shipped reasonably cheaply from th US with EVO.

I don’t suppose any of you guys have had dealings with them? I’m not leaving until late december…

Search the Forum: