Atomic Alibi 2010 153 vs Rossignol Taipan 2011

aranden

Snowboard Virgin
Rank
Total Posts: 3 Joined 2010-11-09

Posted: 09 November 2010 07:30 PM

Hi everybody… Firs of all, excuse my english, as I’m from Barcelona and probably would make some grammar mistakes.

I’ve been consuming information trough the web trying to find the type of board I want to ride, mine is 10 years old… ... I consider myself an up intermediate rider… I carve pretty well and like to do some little jumps while I go down the mountain. I never hit the park but I’d lilke to play around with the board as I go downhill, specially now that I’ve finally got my girlfriend to start snowboarding with me and i will have to go really slow to be able to be with her… I’ve fallen in love with the Atomic Alibi 2010, which I can get for around 300 euros… which would be 250 dollars??... i don’t really know.. sorry… For the same price I’ve found the rossignol Taipan 2011, which I like a lot too. I know the taipan isn’t as great, but having the amptek hybrid rocker, I think it may be more playfull… I don’t know… I guess I feel I’m loosing something If i get a regular camber… Can you guys help me a little bit? Thank you very much!

I’m 5,9 and 165p. Also, the Alibi is only available in 153, is that too small??

Rich Ewbank

Administrator
Rich Ewbank Avatar
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts: 1567 Joined 2009-03-04

Posted: 09 November 2010 08:19 PM

Hi Aranden,

Your English is infinately better than my Spanish… or Catalonean.

If you want to make the most of rising slowly and buttering around, hitting small jumps I think the Rossi Taipan is a better fit. I love the Atomic Alibi Renu, but it is a snowboard for riding fast, hitting big jumps and attacking powder with an aggresive riding style. I have the Rossi Angus which is similar to the Rossi Taipan, except it has a little bit more reinforcement so is a bit stiffer. The nose and tail are so soft and forgiving that they make the board a pleasure to jib around on. I can only imagine the Taipan is even more playful.

Yes 153 would be too small :(

aranden

Snowboard Virgin
Rank
Total Posts: 3 Joined 2010-11-09

Posted: 10 November 2010 02:11 PM

First of all is great that you know about our little proud culture here in barcelona ;) I’m in fact Catalan!

Thanks for answearing so fast. So, if the alibi 153 is out of the question because of it being to small, I guess I’m buying the taipan. Yesterday I saw it has won a good wood award for park?... The thing is that I never go to the park… is it good for the rest of things… ? I’m looking for an all mountain board, because I really like to carve too. And finally, what kind of bindings do you think will work well with the board and what size do you think I should get, 156?

Thanks again!

Search the Forum: