Yet one more board decision to the list

flatlander

Piste Cruiser
RankRank
Total Posts: 15 Joined 2010-11-08

Posted: 08 November 2010 08:42 PM

Ok… not there isn’t plenty of conversation on these topics but…

Exp. 2 yrs on and off - trying to make the more full-time switch from skiing. Get 20+ days a year (not bad for a florida boy). Making first trip to Whistler this year and some heli-skiing/boarding. Plan on some preparatory cat boarding at Buffalo Pass.

Current boards - NS Legacy166 K2 auto (like it but tends to washout and get twitchy at speed), Bataleon Goliath 164 union force (TBT saved me when i’m zoned out not paying attention - but seemed to bog down a bit in the powder (heavier snow), also a little twitchy at higher speed)

6’2
205lbs
size 12 boot

Never go into park - not my thing i guess. don’t mind catching the occasional air but getting a little wiser in my old age. Prefer to explore the mountain, in and out of trees, love the powder when its there (who doesn’t?). Pretty avid singletrack mtb rider - guess i like the sensation of twisting and blasting through trees.

Im fortunate in that i’m not constrained by budget but keenly aware of being relatively new and don’t want to look like a poser (?). Been looking at the following:

Jones Flagship & Mountain Twin
Arbor Element RX, Coda
Nidecker Ultralight/Megalight
K2 TurboDream (seems like a conservative safe choice)

any others?

Welcome binding choices - like the thought of the ones with adjustable cant (Rome 390Boss) was also looking at the nidecker and catek? (maybe to stiff?)

Thanks in advance!

Search the Forum: