Buying the next board

perico

Snowboard Virgin
Rank
Total Posts: 1 Joined 2015-02-16

Posted: 16 February 2015 03:18 PM

Hi all,

I’ve been riding for 4/5 years now and it’s time to change my board. It’s one of those board you buy when you know nothing about snowboard. Once of those you manage to bend once or twice a day coz it’s so damn stiff… I’m an all terrain rider, I like powder, slopes, jumps, trying tricks while riding… Not much of a park guy..

Having said all that, I’d like to hear your opinion about my next board. It has to THE BOARD. I have been looking and I have a crush on the burton custom flying v. I was thinking in the twin one, but what are the pros and cons of twin vs. directional?

I have also considered bataleon for its TBT system, though I’d prefer a hybrid rocker. Shall I consider a whatever/boss/omni? Any other I should have a look at?

Another question, I’m 1.80 tall and weights 96Kg (10.5 / 11 feet). Shall I get one 158/9 W?

Your help is highly appreciated!

Thank you!
P

snowguru123

Snowboard Virgin
Rank
Total Posts: 2 Joined 2016-01-19

Posted: 19 January 2016 07:47 PM

Sounds like you need an all mountain board. Probably directional seeing that you’re not a park rat but that said a true twin is also fine. And I’d suggest a Hybrid rocker seeing you want to ride pow and put some free style into your riding. Hybrid is the perfect balance. As for length, anything that comes up around your mouth should work fine for your needs

Dave

Not a Member? Register Here

Search the Forum:

Connect: