Need help buying a new snowboard (women/ beginner-intermediate)

Doyle

Snowboard Virgin
Rank
Total Posts: 6 Joined 2013-09-25

Posted: 05 June 2014 05:09 PM

The season that just past i got a Roxy Ollie Pop and i haven’t ridden it yet (DAMN MIDTERMS & EXAMS), i got the 145 cm online and now a friend told me it might be a bit to narrow since i have a size 9.5 mens 32 snowboard boots, that i should look into a board that is 148 cm instead of 145 for width and i can’t return it now it’s to late so i’m thinking of selling my two older boards and investing in a good one.

My specs:
130 lbs
5’3
9.5 snowboard boot

I’m looking for a snowboard that is more freestyle, right now i have my turning and carving down, this up coming season i really want to learn to hit some jumps while going down the hill, learn how to butter and hopefully by the end of the season venture into the park to try my luck on the rails. I hoping to find something also with some good pop and maybe under med flex (unless a med flex would be better for what i want).

I’ve been looking at different brands and honestly i don’t care what brand it is really (minus burton i’m not a fan), I’ve looked at Arbor, Never Summer, Forum, Rome, Ride, GNU and Capita. For every good comment about a board i find a bad comment that makes me wary about considering buying the board. I’ve head Never Summer is durable and that the Arbor cadence their women’s specific board is good but it dings up really badly?

If anyone has suggestions that would suit my riding style needs and “width” for a size 9.5 snowboard boot, this year i just want to have a list of potential snowboards to look out for when i go to the stores.

thanks

Search the Forum: