Should I go Boa for my new boots?

footballcc09

Piste Cruiser
RankRank
Total Posts: 24 Joined 2011-02-28

Posted: 16 December 2013 03:29 AM

I am looking for a new pair of boots. I like the k2 maysis boot, but I’m having some second thoughts on the boa lacing system. It looks like a lot of people are having problems with the boa lace breaking. The only person I know who bought boots featuring the boa lacing system had them blow out on his first day out. Definitely don’t want that. Does anyone have any suggestions? Tips? Comments? Appreciate it!

zoryfl

zoryfl Avatar
RankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts: 546 Joined 2009-08-22

Posted: 17 December 2013 07:29 PM

In most cases it’s really bad to believe generalizing statements like “BOA sucks”.
There will always be people who made bad experiences with a certain product but in only a few cases it is really justified to make such a statement.

Having said that, I know a few people with BOA boots and most of them didn’t experience any problem with the technology. If it blows out on the first day, worst case scenario, send them back and get a new pair.
BOA is not my favourite thing, just as the Nitro TLS system isn’t - I think I will just go back to the good old lace-ups next time. But you decide what you want and I can tell you that BOA isn’t generally bad!

Search the Forum: