Is the Jamie Lynn Phoenix Series a beginner’s board ???? 

Vincent

Snowboard Virgin
Rank
Total Posts: 1 Joined 2013-09-06

Posted: 07 September 2013 03:29 AM

Hi guy, i have just started learning snowboarding in indoors, and am currently riding a Rome artifact 147, I am 168 cm tall and weight approximately 130 pounds, i know the board is a bit too short for me, but since i am practicing on in doors (which is basically just ice) so its fine for now.

However, since i am hitting the powder this coming season, i worry that i will sink with my Rome 147, and i really like the graphics for the Jamie Lynn Phoenix Series, so i was wondering whether getting a Jamie Lynn Phoenix Series 152 or Jamie Lynn Phoenix Series 154 would be suitable for me. (I have only started learning carving, and the rocker board i have now some times its a bit lose )

Thanks for the advice!!!!

Vinzz

Snowboard Virgin
Rank
Total Posts: 8 Joined 2011-01-03

Posted: 19 September 2013 02:49 PM

Hi Vincent,

It’s funny I asked about that board a few years ago on this very same forum :-)

You can find some of the good advice I was given back then on the following thread:
http://www.snowboard-review.com/forums/viewthread/413/#2325

Besides, after riding the Phoenix for a few years now, I can tell you that it’s a very good all mountain board. It won’t let you down on most surfaces (powder, ice, ...). You can trust it to keep you on your feet in any weather conditions.

Its main drawback in my eyes would be that it’s still a bit too stiff for jibbing. Don’t get me wrong, you can still pull off some tricks but you’ll definitely have to put in more energy than with more mellow boards. I also made the mistake to buy flow bindings that wouldn’t fit well with the holes in the board. Spent 1 hour on my own and another in the shop to finally mount the bindings and I’m never removing them.

As for size or weight, I don’t know anything about it but I believe they have a quite good calculator on this site.

Hope this helps a bit.

Search the Forum: