Never summer snowboards

snozwoz

Snowboard Virgin
Rank
Total Posts: 10 Joined 2012-02-27

Posted: 07 March 2012 10:43 PM

I’m trying to decide between the Never summer range.

I want a board that will charge down a goomer at mach 10.
but I also want to do some jumps in the parks, some 360’s and olies, and generally be playful on the mountain. I also like to hit the pow when available but dont get to see too much. so i really am after an all mountain board.

i have decided on a 159cm, I am 190Lb size 10UK.

So I think either the Proto, the SL, or Heritage look ideal. but what is the difference?

The only other board i am considering is the Rossi one mag, but MAGNEPANGE said i would need a longer board like 163 which i dont want.

Portland Pete

Park Monkey
RankRankRank
Total Posts: 47 Joined 2011-01-14

Posted: 07 March 2012 11:53 PM

If you want a more all-mountain board, I would go with the SL or Proto.  The Heritage is great for maching down groomers and riding powder, but not as versatile in the park.  The stance is pretty set back and the amount of dampening make it a little more work to ollie and play around on.

As far as the SL and Proto go, if you’re spending the majority of your time searching for pow, riding steeps, and generally cruising around the mountain, I would say go with the SL.  If you want a true do-it-all board then the Proto is the call as it has a centered stance and will be easier to ride switch and also will be more adaptable in the park.

Not a Member? Register Here

Search the Forum:

Connect: