My 1st board

gvan97

Piste Cruiser
RankRank
Total Posts: 13 Joined 2012-02-18

Posted: 18 February 2012 07:46 PM

Hey, after 2 seasons of amazing snowboarding in chamonix, france I’m looking for my first board. I’ve had the same teacher for two years and he’s helped me make great progress! I started out never having set foot on a board and he’s helped me be able to handle most reds and even some blacks now. I’ve experimented on boxes and he’s introduced me to some basic tricks. We even went off piste a bit in some great powder. I’d say I’m more of a freestyle/park rider based off of my interests and brief experiences. So I’ve looked around a few sites and used some board finders and guides (even sb-rv’s own) I’ve found them helpful but none of them seem to be consistent with one board (or a few). So here’s a few I’ve looked at and I’m considering atm:
Burton sherlock
Burton process flying v
K2 raygun
K2 lifelike
Arbor element cx/rx
I’ve managed to find the sherlock cheaper than the flying v.
If I’m 5’7” around 125 lbs and wear a mens 10.5 what size should I get? I rented a 156…
Last thing is that I’ve decided is that I want a board with medium flex, the rental I had just simply was too stiff.
Thanks, sorry if its a lot to take in

zoryfl

zoryfl Avatar
RankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts: 546 Joined 2009-08-22

Posted: 23 February 2012 10:27 PM

Hey gvan,

is there any price range you want the board to be in?
Because the price difference between some the boards you listed is quite big..

Let me know how much you’re willing to spend and I’ll try to help you some more!

Just some boards you might want to look at (freestyle focused boards:)
Amplid Dopamine
K2 Fastplant (the Lifelike you mentioned is a bit more on the allmountain side, so it’s all about personal preference!)

(The Burton Sherlock is a bit more of a pow board, the CustomV is similar to the Lifelike, though even a little more on the allmountain side.)

gvan97

Piste Cruiser
RankRank

Posted: 24 February 2012 12:18 AM

Hey thanks for the advice!
Yeah well the price range I think I’m looking for is probably $300-$500 (Im pretty sure the fastplant is the most I’d spend for now). Any thoughts on the process flying v? I’ve read a lot of reviews about it and it seems like it would be good. And yeah I’ve reconsidered the Sherlock and the custom after price and board type. Okay so one more thing is that what size do you think I should go for? I want one that’s not too big and that I can control well enough to do tricks but I want to be able to grow into it a little- since I don’t want to have to replace it soon.
Thanks again for your help :)

gvan97

Piste Cruiser
RankRank

Posted: 24 February 2012 12:18 AM

*the most

Not a Member? Register Here

Search the Forum:

Connect: